Becoming a member

Posted on
Page
of 23
  • @Ollie is the kit manager, so he may be able to sort you out.

• Afternoon all,
    Is there a waiting list for this Saturday starters group session? Keen to attend

• Hi Anthony, we don't have waiting lists as the forum doesn't really have the capacity for that, but keep an eye on the thread, usually there will be a couple of people dropping out toward the end of the week as something else has popped up.

• Hey Sally, thanks for coming back!
    I will keep an eye out over the coming days if someone drops out but if not, guess I will lock down a space for next month. Cheers

• Hi, I just officially joined the club yesterday after participating in an intro ride at the beginning of the month and going on a couple of Tuesday rides. Anything else I need to do in order to get access to the club forum? :)

• Hi Kata, I've not approved your membership yet as I do this on a Monday and Thursday and you must have applied after I'd finished last night. When you get confirmation of your application I'll also grant you access to the forum. I'd do this for you now but I'm away for the weekend and sadly can't approve your membership/give you forum access without my laptop.

Look out for an email from me and once you get that you should be good to go.

Thanks.

• Ah okay I see, thank you! Will keep an eye out for that email then.

• Hey kata! A few of us are cycling to Brighton tomorrow if you wanted to join?

• Yeah I saw, but unfortunately already made plans. Thanks for pointing it out though, next time!

• Just renewed membership. Who do I inform or is it all automatic?

• Just renewed membership. Who do I inform or is it all automatic?

Shaun email Sally at [email protected] who will be able to advise

• It should be handled by Sally within a few days, no need to do anything specific if you paid on the British Cycling website.

• All happens semi-automatically. You renew, when I get around to it (usually Monday and Thursday evenings, although I was babysitting last night so it ended up being today!) I process the application and you're good to go! You should have received an email from me earlier today but let me know if you have any other questions or any issues.

• Hi I’m keen to join, when is the next Group Skills Session please?
    Jamie

• Hey,

I was a member a few years ago of the club but I moved away so wasn't able to carry on cycling with ICC, I am fortunate to now be living close by and would like to re join the club and enjoy riding with ICC, would I have to redo the induction ride or would I be able to pay the membership and carry on riding with you?

Cheers

Dan

• Hey Dan!

You would definitely have to re-do the intro ride to re-join. It's a fun session though and always good to brush up on group riding skills. I think we have a 6 month rule as regards this after a membership has ended.

Sean

• Hey Sean thanks for getting back to me, that's no issue with a having do re-do the intro ride I will book onto the one in august, I was thinking of joining the laps tomorrow in regents park I am OK to join for a few rides before i complete the intro? Also can I just go ahead and pay for my membership or shall i wait until I have completed the intro?

Dan

• Good afternoon, I have signed up to British Cycling and paid my fee for ICC, I just need some guidance on what to do next please.. many thanks. Dean

• Hi Dean, if you haven't already done so, you'll need to sign up to an Intro Ride or a Group Skills session. After you've done that, I'll be able to approve your membership application.

You can sign up here:
    https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­05/
    https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­04/

Just so you know, we don't take the money from your account until I tick that box that says 'accept'.

If you need any more info, feel free to drop me an email on [email protected]

Thanks,

Sally

• Hi,

I've just signed up to the club through the british cycling website. I attended a mid week skills ride a few months back, however, I have been rather busy since so haven't got round to fully signing up.

Is there anything else I am required to do?

Thanks

Ciaran

• Hi can I ask which membership shall I get as I have been a member before, can I just get the renewal or do i need to get the new member, it was a couple of years ago so understand if I need to get the new member one, also I have put myself on the intro ride for August, would I be OK to ride this Sunday with the club at all?

Cheers

Dan

• Hi Dan,

it's actually up to you which membership you get. As your membership ha lapsed for more than 6 months you will need to do a intro/group skills session but you've already signed up to that, so that ticks that box. Once you've done that you can decide whether you want to come back to the club as an ex member or a new one.

• I think for Sunday rides you can join as a “guest” even before being a member so you should be ok. See first post here:
    https://forum.islington.cc/conversations­/312962/

• Cheers :-) I'll definitely be there then on Sunday. Thanks

@SallyB thanks for the info regarding the membership :-)

Dan

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Becoming a member

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions