Becoming a member

Posted on
Page
of 23
/ 23
Last Next
  • You can join here

Mandatory requirements

• You need to have attended either one of our introductory rides or a group riding skills session before we accept your membership (we will check). You can book a place on upcoming introductory rides and group skills sessions in the Clipping in section of this forum.
    • You must wear a helmet on all club rides (no helmet, no ride).

Membership is £50 for new members, that covers a year of membership, plus you get a club jersey.

When you renew your membership, the cost is £25 per year.

We have a men's jersey, women's jersey and a junior jersey available plus a selection of club kit items for you to purchase.

1 Attachment

• club_2_1024x1024.jpg
  • Hey David- where is this red membership button?

• Kathryn - It is on the Islington Cycling Club page on the British Cycling website. Welcome!

• Done :D

• At cafe at e finchley on sun ride, guy got chatting and interested about club, would it be a good idea to have a few postcards/ "business" cards to give out with club details?

• Steve - Good idea. We should discuss at the next committee meeting.

• Joined the club today after a very warm welcome ride this morning! Thanks for the ride and look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Cheers,

Michael

• Coming along tomorrow morning for my first ride (probably not in tweed). I'm afraid I haven't managed to get my hands on any mudguards, so if it's wet I'll go at the back / accept scowls and elbows as appropriate.

• Hi @Archy and @MichaelBH welcome along! I'll be leading the longer ride tomorrow, hopefully see you there.

• Hi, I need to join a local cycling club to help train for some big rides I have planned this year. A friend had tried one of the Islington CC rides and recommended you as a friendly and social club, so I am hoping to come and try one of your rides before hopefully joining.

I was thinking of coming to either the Saturday or Sunday ride this weekend to give it a try first. Would that be ok? How long is each one generally, and what sort of pace?

Lisa

• Hi Lisa,

You are more than welcome to join us.
    We run two groups on Sunday, one goes a little further and a little faster 35-45 miles (12-14mph) & 40-75 miles (15-17mph)
    These are friendly rides and we regroup at all hills and turn points. We meet at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart.

Saturdays tend to be training rides, faster and less social.

Hope this helps.

• Hi Lisa,

We'd love to see you on a ride. What kind of cycling have you done already? Fingers crossed the weather breaks to give us some nice cycling conditions this weekend.

:)

• Thanks Laura.

I hope the weather improves for this weekend too!

I took up cycling last year; completed London to Brighton a couple of times, RideLondon100, and a couple of other 40+milers. This year I'm cycling to Paris and then RideLondon100 again (lucky in the ballot!) so am hoping to get some regular miles in this time round.

• Lisa - Welcome. I look forward to seeing you on a ride soon.

• @LisaFrankers You'll definitely have the opportunity to put in some good miles with us! There's quite a few ICC members who will be riding in RideLondon100 so you'll be in good company in terms of training goals. Hope to see you soon :)

• I had a great ride today led out by Ali - thank you.
    How do I join now?
    Cheers
    John

• Excellent John, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for keeping me company on the front for so long!

• I've joined up. How do I get a club jersey?
    Cheers John

• John

you will get an e-mail from the club secretary with details, but I believe we are awaiting stock.

Rob

• Hi John, the club secretary is away this week, but he should be able to process your club membership and get you up and running on the forum upon his return next week. Thank you for your patience!

• Cheers Laura and Rob. Can I turn up to your events before he returns?
    John

• Of course you can John. You get 3 rides as a guest before we recommend you sign up. So don't fret, just enjoy the rides.

• Do you still do the Wednesday evening Regents Park riding and if so what time?
    Ta J

• Wednesday evenings are still in the diary, but attendance can be mixed from week to week - so have a look on the 'In The Saddle' section under the Wednesday rides thread and people usually post if they are going. .

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Becoming a member

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions