SallyB

Member since Sep 2016 • Last active Nov 2023

Most recent activity

• in An introduction to club cycling

Hi, not me any longer, you want @GeorginaH... she can sort you out, though you should get a few email reminders with a month or so to go before you need to renew.

• in Group Skills

@Alvaroodeh, @Artem, @Callumstewart, @Charlotte99, @Chris-H, @ConorBailey, @Fraser_I, @ianwall, @Izzy, @jclaff, @Josh_H, @leare, @LoicLD, @Mack_Clayton, @Mark_Crowley, @OliverGreenstein, @PaddyTesh, @Patrick_Carmody, @PaulMills, @PeteDornan, @RichardC, @Ryan_Conway, @SofiaMcGee, @SteveHunt49, @user135375, @user135714, @user135961, @user136145, @user136147, @user95261. We're looking forward to welcoming you all at the session tomorrow morning. The meeting point will be outside the gates opposite York Bridge Road at 09:30. Google Maps Link Here.

If you no longer plan on attending the session please can you mark that you are no longer attending at the top of this page? This will then free up the space for those waiting to attend.

If you are not marked as attending then please do not turn up on the day, for health and safety reasons we need to maintain a specific volunteer to rider ratio.

@user135375, @user135714, @user135961, @user136145, @user136147 and @user95261 if you could please change your forum names to something more recognisable it will help should you wish to join the club after attending the session. It will make it easier to match your application up and get you into the club all the quicker.

Thanks.

Sally

Hi Riccardo - I have definitely granted your forum permissions. This is done via the email address used for your British Cycling account so please make sure that they match up. Also there's the old 'log out and in again' to clear the cache etc.

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Hi Jamie, Our intro rides and group skills sessions expire after 6 months. We also ask those who have let their membership lapse for 6 months or more to attend a session before they can re-join the club. This is a safety precaution to ensure that when people join/re-join they have an up to date understanding of all our signals and riding etiquette/formations, which keeps them and the rest of the club members safe out on rides together.

• in Group Skills

For those of you who attended the session last night, I'll be processing memberships later on this afternoon and then likely won't be able to do so again before Monday, so if you're looking to join in on any rides this weekend please get your application in before the end of the day as I wouldn't want you to miss out.

Thanks,

Sally

• in Group Skills

Hey, just bumping this thread ahead of tomorrow morning.

@AdamRowe, @AlexJ123, @amarco, @AshleyVardon, @AussieMatt, @Becks, @ChrisThompson28, @ChristineMaguire, @EmilyM, @Giulia, @Gold_M, @HarryRamis, @Jacob.L, @MihaiC, @MikeCK1, @Paolo-H, @RobbieGJ, @SamanthaSutton, @SofiaAllueva, @SophieH, @Tek, @Yasemin Thanks for signing up and changing your username so we can hopefully get your memberships processed quickly after the event.

@user130709, @user130762, @user99884 you may want to update your username to something a bit more recognisable just to make everything run a little smoother.

I hope you are all excited for our Group Skills session tomorrow morning. Please try and make it on time as it is essential for the safety briefing, but there is no need to come early.

If you are no longer able to make it can you please click "Can't make it" at the top of the page. As this will open up your spot and allow others to join. Demand for this ride is quite high and so if you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your attendance in the future.

Have a great time, we look forward to welcoming you to the club.

Hi, Sorry - work has gone mad this week (again! My whole team are in the middle of responding to ofwat on some governmental stuff that has a deadline of next week, every time we answer their questions they come back with more... but you don't need to know any of that!) I will hopefully get around to responding to all emails/membership applications tomorrow when I get a bit of breathing space.

Haha! I wish I could but I've never heard of that happening before. I won't get chance to process any membership applications before Monday so maybe give it a try tomorrow and see if you still have the same problem. We can add you in manually if the problem persists.

• in Group Skills

Hi Frances, apologies but your name was missed off the attendees list that got sent over to me. I processed your application earlier this week and sent confirmation. You should also now have full forum access. If you have any issues please let me know.

• in Group Skills

Hi! I've not been able to sit down at my laptop over the weekend so plan on processing all outstanding applications today (I normally do this on a Monday and Thursday anyway), so you'll get a confirmation email from me this evening, or potentially earlier if I get a break from meetings today! You'll then be able to sign up for the club rides via the forum.

Actions