SallyB

Member since Sep 2016 • Last active Jul 2019
  • 16 conversations
  • 511 comments

Most recent activity

• in Clipping in

Hi Dan,

it's actually up to you which membership you get. As your membership ha lapsed for more than 6 months you will need to do a intro/group skills session but you've already signed up to that, so that ticks that box. Once you've done that you can decide whether you want to come back to the club as an ex member or a new one.

• in Group Skills

Hi,

If you want to join the club then you need to do so by following this link: https://islington.cc/membership. If you've already done so then your application will be processed shortly (this usually takes place on a Monday and Thursday evening)

Other than sending a message on the forum, we don't have any way to contact those who attended the intro and group skills ride, and due to forum usernames being different to the names given on the register taken on the ride, it's quite difficult to match forum users to those that turned up on the day.

Hope that helps.

• in Group Skills

Hi Dean, in order to come along you need to click on the 'Yes, I'm attending' button at the top of the page. Thanks.

• in Group Skills

No problem at all, late notice is much better than no notice!

• in Clipping in

Hi Dean, if you haven't already done so, you'll need to sign up to an Intro Ride or a Group Skills session. After you've done that, I'll be able to approve your membership application.

You can sign up here:
    https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­05/
    https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­04/

Just so you know, we don't take the money from your account until I tick that box that says 'accept'.

If you need any more info, feel free to drop me an email on [email protected]

Thanks,

Sally

• in Group Skills

@user100561, @user100712, @user100630, @anps, @CharlotteRidley, @markusedwardius, @alexander_green, @RobStratton, @user8519, @user101315, @user101372, @KaceyCarter, @Evan, @robin_brz, @Sarah989, @Guven, @user101482

Thanks for signing up to this group skills session.

As this session is now full, if you are no longer able to attend this session PLEASE can you remove yourself from the attendance list. It's not fair on those who couldn't get a space on a skills session to find out that only half the people turned up on the day. We also need to manage the number of volunteers needed for the session (simply put: if the ride isn't full, we don't need to recruit as many volunteers to lead it).

Also, if you haven't already done so, can you change your user name to something more memorable than 'User12345', makes it a lot easier to know who's who!

Thanks,

Sally

• in Clipping in

All happens semi-automatically. You renew, when I get around to it (usually Monday and Thursday evenings, although I was babysitting last night so it ended up being today!) I process the application and you're good to go! You should have received an email from me earlier today but let me know if you have any other questions or any issues.

• in Group Skills

Hi, it's easier if you do this ride before you put in your application as it means your membership will get approved as soon as you apply. You can submit an application beforehand but it won't get approved (and no money will be taken) until you've done either an intro ride or a group skills session.

As Stephen mentions, you can also join along with 3 club rides before becoming a member, to make sure it's the right fit for you. For insurance purposes these are limited to our Sunday rides only (the intro and group skills sessions are separate to these 3 rides and you can come along to as many as you'd like!).

If you have any other questions just ask here or feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks.

• in Clipping in

There will be a variety on offer, anything from 60km up to 150 I'd imagine. Options might be a little reduced as it's bank holiday and people may be away but you can take your pick really.

• in Clipping in

Hi Ciaran,

Our weekday rides are for club members only (it's an insurance thing). Until you are a full member of the club we are only insured to have guests ride with us on our Sunday rides, up to 3 times per person.

I hope that clears things up.

Actions