You are reading a single comment by @StephendS and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi David
    Just would like to mention a few concerns that I have before I attend the group skills test. I am in my late fifties and had knee surgery on both knees 1 year ago. No problem with them as I run often 5km and 10kms quite well but cant use cleat shoes for cycling as I am very protected over my knees and wouldnt want to have a bad fall. Im a good standard cyclist with a racing bike and would like to ride out with the club on Saturday rides. Do you feel this could work for me or do you think the standard is too high.
    Thanks, Juliette

• Juliette, firstly its not a "test". It's about teaching you how we ride together in a group and also to give you an idea of whether you think the club is right for you. So I would definitely come along, even if you have doubts, as there's nothing to lose really, especially in Regent's Park as you're not going to be out in the middle of nowhere if its too much for some reason. On a personal note, I'm a similar age to you and haven't been running for around 25 years because I ran too much in my twenties. I certainly couldn't run 5km but I can cycle 100 miles+ as cycling is much kinder on the knees. You would probably be fine with mountain bike cleats, which release easily, but there's certainly no need to use cleats to cycle with the club. So please come along and I hope you enjoy it, Stephen

• Hi Stephen
    Thanks very much for your reply to my cycling concerns. Very helpful indeed and has given me a bit more confidence now to give it a go...thank you
    Juliette

About

Avatar for StephendS @StephendS started