StephendS

Member since Feb 2014 • Last active Apr 2024

Most recent activity

Sat April 6. @DavidMason - the title of the post needs correcting

• in An introduction to club cycling

As long as you've paid through BC, the membership secretary will process your application now you've attended this ride. It may take a few days as the club is run by volunteers.

• in Getting started with ICC

Let me have your mobile and I will invite you to the WhatsApp group

It's Hans! Maybe @jimena could help with his details

There are a couple of Saturday rides posted and there has been chat on WhatsApp about Sunday but nothing definite yet (i.e. you will have people to ride with, though clearly a lot of us are doing RL).

• in Group Skills

Glad to hear it. I actually forgot to mention that I had exploratory knee surgery on my R knee approx 25 years ago (after excessive running) + broke my L knee cap (it took the impact of the kerb when a careless pedestrian ran into me while I was cycling) 5 years ago. The latter needed an operation the next day to pin it and then another 6 months later to take the pins out. So knee surgery isn't necessarily a barrier. Enjoy the Group Skills session and I hope it persuades you to sign up

• in Group Skills

Juliette, firstly its not a "test". It's about teaching you how we ride together in a group and also to give you an idea of whether you think the club is right for you. So I would definitely come along, even if you have doubts, as there's nothing to lose really, especially in Regent's Park as you're not going to be out in the middle of nowhere if its too much for some reason. On a personal note, I'm a similar age to you and haven't been running for around 25 years because I ran too much in my twenties. I certainly couldn't run 5km but I can cycle 100 miles+ as cycling is much kinder on the knees. You would probably be fine with mountain bike cleats, which release easily, but there's certainly no need to use cleats to cycle with the club. So please come along and I hope you enjoy it, Stephen

• in Forums

Here are a couple of photos from the ICC to trip to the TdF (in Epping)

• in An introduction to club cycling

Sorry @OliBates, you were probably ahead of us as we went undercover at the Arsenal stadium for a briefing before we rode. Well done to everyone who turned out on a damp but not-as-wet-as-forecast morning. I hope you all enjoyed it and sign up and feel free to ask any further questions here.

• in Forums

Thanks for an interesting write up and well done. What's the traffic like on that road? I like the sound of a course that's even faster than the one used for our Open (I've only ridden the proper course once and its still my PB). However, having driven past cyclists doing TTs on dual carriageways I find that side of things a bit scary.

Actions