Our club rides

Posted on
Page
of 21
  • (I get an error message saying I don't have permission to access that thread - can anyone help?)

• Hi +HayleyLJD - access to the members only parts of the forum is automatically done after confirmation of membership. Have you had confirmation yet? If so, we can manually override.

HTH

Jonny.

• Hi,

I am new to the area and I’m looking for a new club to ride with. Are your club rides going ahead tomorrow and would I be able to come along as a guest?

Thanks,

Joe

• Yes! First, let us know that you are coming to ride with us by emailing [email protected]

More info here:
    https://forum.islington.cc/conversations­/312962/

• Hi, my children 8-15 are interested in taking part, would they be able to attend and take part in the Sunday morning group C from Whittington park.

• Hi,

I would like to join the fixie loop ride this evening, do I need to notify anybody as I am not a member yet. I have attended the group skills ride.

Thanks

• Hi Ciaran,

Our weekday rides are for club members only (it's an insurance thing). Until you are a full member of the club we are only insured to have guests ride with us on our Sunday rides, up to 3 times per person.

I hope that clears things up.

• Thanks Sally,

Fully understand. Will pop down for the Sunday ride, whats the distance?

Thanks

• There will be a variety on offer, anything from 60km up to 150 I'd imagine. Options might be a little reduced as it's bank holiday and people may be away but you can take your pick really.

• Hi, is there a normal Sunday ride tomorrow as well or only the Italian Job ride? I would like to join the Club and will do the introduction ride in July but would like to try the Sunday ride with you as well.
    Thanks,
    Theresa

• Hi, I’m from Canada and in town for only tomorrow (Sunday 23rd) with a bike hire from Rapha. Unfortunately they bailed on their Sunday group ride so was wondering if I could join your group if you are out out tomorrow morning? I saw an 8:30 Whittington Park start in a years old post which suits my Spitalfields location to a tee. If not I’m headed out solo I guess on the Easter Classic route.

Matt

• Hi Matt,

Please email [email protected] if you intend to come. For insurance reasons.

• Hi,
    I joined the club not long ago and I would love to join the Group C rides. Apart from Sat morning laps, which days does this group meet? Thank you! Anca

• Hi Anca,

We have updated our ride classifications from C/B/A to Green/Silver/Blue/Black, so you may find Green to be the closest to the old C category. There are regular Green Rides offered on Sunday club runs, and sometimes during the week, either arranged ad hoc on the forum or else on the Tuesday Radlett and Wednesday North London Hills rides.

• Hello, possibly dumb question but I’ve now done my group skills intro with Zac and crew so I’m a member? Can I just turn up to the Radlett Revolution ride at HF tomorrow? Or do I need to sign up somewhere / wait for membership card/ do something else beforehand?

• Hey Finn, historically there was never any sign up required for midweek rides. However now due to covid track & trace we ask that you do "sign up" for midweek rides.

This thread (https://forum.islington.cc/conversations­/265856/?offset=1000#comment15457604) is what is usually used to see if anyone else is planning on being out on a Tuesday. For midweek rides I think it should be sufficient to "sign up" within the thread itself by saying you're interested and listing your name and the date.

I believe @SamBurnett was also interested in doing the ride tomorrow too.

• Great, thanks Zac.

• Hi - I'm a new member (did a green ride as my first back in Feb before the lockdown). Hoping to join the club ride on Sunday. Where do I sign up? Thanks, Tom.

• Hi all, new member looking to sign up for a ride this Sunday but cant find the subforum where to do so. Can anyone help? Ta

• Hi @German_Marin rides should be listed in this section of the forum https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/11­4/

• It looks like i dont have permission to access :(. Thanks Zac, i’ll contact Sally. Maybe my profile hasn’t been updated as a member

• Hi

Have you (a) been on a Group Skills or Intro Ride; (b) applied and paid for membership; and (c) received an email welcoming you to the club?

If yes to (a) and (b) it may just be a case of waiting for the Membership Secretary to get through all the new applications that the club has received.

There’s plenty of time until Sunday, I doubt that many rides are yet posted

• Hi Barry, yes i did the group skill and paid for the membership as well as receiving the confirmation email so It might be just a matter of waiting a bit. Ta

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Our club rides

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions