StephendS

Member since Feb 2014 • Last active Apr 2019

Most recent activity

• in An introduction to club cycling

Well done to the 7 of you who came on this morning's ride. I hope you enjoyed it and, if so, will join the club. Any further questions, please ask. You are now able to join the club and feel free to join a Group Skills session if you want to learn more about group riding but its not compulsory.

For the 2 people who dropped out at the last moment and the 8 people who signed up but didn't turn up, this is really unhelpful and selfish of you, especially as I count at least 5 people above who wanted to come but couldn't sign up because the ride was full.

Good morning, I am one of the ride leaders for tomorrow. I hope you are all looking forward to the ride.

I have also included a link to the ICC Group Riding Guide. If people could read this beforehand it will save standing around before we start cycling!

Now that this ride is full, and others are keen to join, if you can no longer attend PLEASE remove yourself from the event. Just click 'can't make it' at the top of the page so that your space can be freed up for someone else.

Also if those of you who's usernames are user12345 etc. could change them to something more memorable that would be great and ease admin should you decide to join.

• in Clipping in

They are already announced https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­05/ but the one a week tomorrow is fully booked. People often drop out at the last moment so worth keeping an eye out if you free

• in Clipping in

Tim

Yes, you'd certainly be welcome and I'm sure you'd be fine. Most people ride on drop handlebar bikes for club rides but there's no rule to this effect and it will just mean that you have to work a bit harder. Hybrids aren't necessarily heavier than similarly priced road bikes, so its only the more upright riding position and consequent increased air resistance that well hold you back.

Stephen

That should be fine as long as you can maintain the average pace mentioned above. Most people have more modern bikes but you'd be most welcome.

Richard

just to add to what +SallyB has said, we ask as above that you can ride for "25 miles at an average speed of at least 12 mile per hour, with several steep hills and only brief stops" so as long as you are confident of doing that you'll be fine. People do sometimes want to check the route beforehand but we don't release it for the reasons Sally has stated but you can test yourself over any route or do some laps of Regents Park.

As one of the ride leaders I look forward to meeting you on the day

Stephen

You won't be the only one I'm sure, so thanks for asking but please do come and we'll let it go this once :)

Sorry I don't think we release the route in advance to help manage the numbers.

Good morning, I am one of the ride leaders for Saturday. I hope you are all looking forward to the ride. Please dress appropriately, especially given that we will ride at the pace of the slowest rider so you may want to wear/bring an extra layer.

I have also included a link to the ICC Group Riding Guide. If people could read this beforehand it will save standing around in the cold before we start cycling!

Now that this ride is full, if you can no longer attend PLEASE remove yourself from the event. Just click 'can't make it' at the top of the page so that your space can be freed up for someone else.

Also if those of you who's usernames are user12345 etc. could change them to something more memorable that would be great and ease admin should you decide to join.

• in Group Skills

Or you can do the intro ride as an alternative to Group skills - there are still places next Saturday https://forum.islington.cc/events/4468/#­comment14581744 It is more of a time commitment than Group Skills but a chance to get out of London.

Actions