GeorginaH

Member since Jul 2018 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 10 conversations
  • 278 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Great to see you’re keen to join us! We welcome new members from all cycling backgrounds and experience levels.

You can find out more about the club on our website here.

How to join the club
    We require all prospective members to attend an introductory skills session before joining ICC, regardless of their cycling experience. This is to make sure that club rides are safe and fun for everyone. It’s also a good way for you to come along and try out the club, as we’re unable to have non-members on our other club rides.

These sessions are any one of:

1. 'Group Skills' held in Regents Park usually fortnightly.
    2. 'Introduction to Club Cycling' from Highbury Fields usually on the first Saturday of every month.

At these links you can find more information, dates and sign-up. If you can't find a session that suits, please keep an eye on the pages as people do drop out last minute and new dates are added regularly.

Once you've attended one of these sessions you can sign up to the club straight away following the link on our website here. This will take you to our British Cycling profile page - select the tab "join our club". Please note, British Cycling membership is separate from Islington Cycling Membership.

Once you have signed-up, you’ll hear from our membership secretary usually within a week to confirm your membership.

You will have six-months to join after attending the skills session after which time we’d ask you to attend again.

Membership fees
    Membership is £50 for new members. This covers a year of membership from the month you join and includes a free a club jersey (worth £47).

When you renew your membership, the cost is £25 per year.

We look forward to you joining us soon!

• in An introduction to club cycling

Hi Mike, sure thing! If you drop me an email ([email protected]) it will remind me to check your expiry date next time I’m processing memberships. Thanks!

• in Group Skills

Hi Agyness, I normally process memberships one per week so you should hear from me by the end of the week.

• in Getting started with ICC

Hi guys, I'm also fairly new and have just bought a ticket to join for the weekend (thanks Louise for encouragement at laps today!) Looking forward to it!

Actions