Hello!

Posted on
  • Hi

I'm signed up to the Ride 100 in a few weeks so have been riding longer distances this summer and would really like to get involved in the club. Could I come along for a group ride this Sunday to meet people and give it a go? I had a look on the forum and think the B ride looks about right for the distance and speed I'm up to - is it OK to join this ride?

Tracey

• Hey Tracey,

You are welcome to join our rides and see if you like the club. Just show up 10 minutes before (so 8:20) and then ask for the leader of your group (which in case of B, will be me) and introduce your self.

Do you have experience with riding in a group? What speeds do you normally get?

See you on Sunday

• Hi Martine

Great, I will see you on Sunday. I've not done much group riding before (a bit in organised events but not with a club), but I've just seen there is a group riding skills session tomorrow morning at Regents Park. Is this still on? If so, maybe I could to pop along to brush up before Sunday?

I've been covering about 60 miles or so averaging 14-15mph depending on the number of hills!! Hopefully I can keep up!

• Hi

It would be great if you come along to the group skills session, but failing that have a read of the group riding information as a place to start.

Rob

• Hey Tracey,

Great to see you tomorrow. Normally the B group is around 16 miles per hour. Its up to you what you think you are up to, but if you want to get used to group riding you might want to start with a C group to be conservative. Just show up tomorrow and discuss with the leaders, as depending on the group size we might split up the B group in a slightly faster and slower group.

The C group is up for a 40 mile ride toward Epping Forest and Mott street tomorrow.
    http://forum.islington.cc/conversations/­619/?offset=250

The B group is doing a country lane toward St Albans (51 miles)
    http://forum.islington.cc/conversations/­617/?offset=425

• Welcome +Tracey!

• Thanks for the welcome all! I'll come down and talk with the leaders tomorrow and see if B group splits. Thanks +The_Other_Rob for the group riding info. Shame the session was called off this morning but I've had a read through. Looking forward to meeting you all.

• @Tracey, I hope you enjoyed the ride and felt welcome in the club.

• Thanks for a really good ride @Martine. And thanks to everyone for being so welcoming (and great when I hit the tarmac!). I've got a couple of rides out in Sussex the next two weekends, but I'll be back to join again after that and I'll definitely be signing up as a member!

• Thanks for a great ride today @Tom-le-Velo. I'm all signed up as a member now. Looking forward to future rides. Thanks everyone for the welcome.

• Welcome @Tracey.

I'm just processing your membership now. You should be anle to access the rest of the forum tomorrow.

Rob

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hello!

Posted by Avatar for Tracey @Tracey

Actions