track sessions?

Posted on
  • I'm a cyclist based in Cambridge. Also I have recently become accredited at the Velodrome for track riding. I heard on the grapevine that ICC run track sessions at the velodrome. I'd like to know the details- days/dates/times/frequency what do you do at these sessions? As far as I can see from looking at the velodromes schedule the only times I could currently ride, out of working hours, are 9am saturday - ouch. But there are numerous other "Club Sessions" at better times.

Thanks Simon

• Hi Simon!
    Glad to hear that you’re interested in track cycling! That’s amazing!
    We generally hold 1 exclusive ICC track session quarterly, so every 3 months or so, typically at Lee Valley. During the summer we may move these over to Herne Hill as it’s more fun to be outdoors when the weather is nice so we are connected with both tracks.
    At the moment we don’t have an appointed Track Secretary unfortunately but looking to fill the gap and as soon as someone is on board, we will crack on with booking the next session at LV.
    Other than the exclusive ICC sessions, which cater all levels, some of us roll up to the regular sessions they have and join others.
    I’ve been to the 9am accredited drop in, it’s ok if you want to test yourself etc but the Endurance SQT on Mondays at 8pm is way more fun and technical, as it’s very popular and there are people to ride with and practice drills.
    After this week when my work deadlines are done I’m aiming to go for a session and try to get my fitness back slowly slowly as I’m a bit rusty at the moment!
    Some of the women will attend this week’s women’s only session to check out the track (unaccredited) so hopefully we’ll be more riding on the boards from ICC!
    Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help!

• I'm also slowly on the trackie road. Doing my stages 2 this weekend, so indeed looking for all kind of track opportunities.

Hopefully after this weekend I will be able to join the unnacredited sessions.

• Thanks that's really helpful. I'll likely try out the Monday evening sessions.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

track sessions?

Posted by Avatar for user156880 @user156880

Actions