Islington Cycling Club's annual ladies' open ride is back - and you're invited!
Following the success of all our past Ladies’ Open Rides, we'll be setting off from the Spoke on Holloway Road for a day of riding, chatting and - most importantly - eating cake.
This non-competitive event is a celebration of women's cycling, and the perfect opportunity to warm up for a summer of cycling, as well as a chance to meet other women from ICC and elsewhere who are passionate about all things cycling. You'll also find out all the joys club cycling has to offer, so if you're making up your mind about whether to join a club, come along and see if it's for you!
You'll be able to choose a route of 65km (40 miles) or 85km (52 miles), and we'll regroup at the end for a yummy brunch at Look Mum No Hands!, Old Street.
The event is completely free, and is open to club members and non-club members alike - so tell your friends and let's make this a big one!
Use the link of the event on Eventbrite to share!
We are thinking about doing some fundraising for women on the day, so if you’d like to contribute, please bring some cash.
- Confidence to complete a 65km (40 mile) route in a group at approx 20-22kph (12-13mph).
- A roadworthy road bike in good condition (make sure your brakes and tyres are in good condition and pumped properly!).
- Helmets are mandatory as per all our club rides.
- You don’t need to bring any locks or backpacks. Be as light as possible!
- Emergency essentials: 1-2 spare tubes, pump, multi-tool, tyre levers.
- Stay hydrated and energised: Bring water and a couple of bars/bananas.
- Bring cash in case card readers don’t work at the coffee/food stops and just in case of emergency.
See you there!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Anthi at [email protected]
All current ICC members are kindly asked to volunteer as Ride leaders to support this ride. Ladies please get in touch for the organising huddle! :)