SallyB

Member since Sep 2016 • Last active Aug 2020
  • 28 conversations
  • 751 comments

Most recent activity

• in Clipping in

Hi Chris,

If you check on the forum a bit closer to the weekend, people will start to post rides that you can join. At the moment you should avoid turning up to the park without signing up to a ride. This is due to the current guidelines on group number and our club need to be able to track and trace riders should we need to, so we have to make sure that everyone is registered against a particular ride.

Thanks,

Sally

• in Clipping in

Hi Tim,

Because we need to be able to operate a track and trace system, we can't currently offer non members attendance on our standard Sunday club rides. Normally they could come along to 3 Sunday rides as a guest (no other weekday rides due to insurance reasons) but as they aren't able to sign up to rides on offer via the forum, we are unable to manage this. I am recommending that everyone join a group skills or Intro ride to get a feel for the club. Unfortunately these also rely on the kindness of the membership to volunteer so that we can clear the backlog of prospective members wanting to join or get a taste of what the club has to offer. The more volunteers we can get, the more rides we can put on.

We welcome any suggestions on how we can manage this, but at the moment I don't have the capacity to keep on top of the sheer volume of emails coming in, let alone setting up a system by which we can track and trace non members should there be a member on the ride who exhibits covid symptoms shortly afterwards.

• in Clipping in

Hi Anca,

As Stephen said, at the moment there's not an awful lot going on with regard to club activities, due to the ongoing pandemic. We're waiting for further updates from British Cycling but currently the advice is rides can take place in groups of up to 6 but preferably on closed roads because social distancing of 2m has to be maintained throughout. As you can imagine this is pretty impossible on London roads so we are still suspending all club activities. We will be following all government guidance, so as things ease we will be looking to reinstate club rides where we can.

Rides are being organised amongst members on our club forum, these are not sanctioned club rides and riders accept all responsibility for these rides. Social distancing still needs to be maintained at 2m between all riders on these rides as well. We are also only allowing these rides to take place where they've been organised in a way that we can track and trace riders should any develop Covid symptoms.

I'm keeping a list of people who want to be contacted when our rides are back up and running and I'd be happy to add your email address to that if you'd like? Just drop me an email on [email protected]

Thanks,

Sally

• in Clipping in

Hi, happy to give you an update but I'm afraid there's not much of one to give! The recent relaxation from British Cycling only has really changed in one way; Previously people could cycle in groups of 2 as long as they were socially distant throughout, now people can cycle in groups of up to 6 but the social distancing still has to be maintained.

Given that it is incredibly difficult to maintain social distancing whilst on a bike, especially on the busy roads that we have in London, we are still not holding any club rides. Club members are free to organise their own rides in groups up to 6 but they are not club organised activities.

I'll happily keep this thread updated as to when this changes but in the mean time if you want to drop me an email on [email protected] and I'll add you to a list of people to contact when club activities resume.

Thanks,

Sally

• in Clipping in

Yep that's the one!

• in Clipping in

If you want to drop me an email I can pop you onto a list of people to contact once we're back in action, but otherwise yes just keep an eye on the forum. Thanks.

• in Clipping in

Hi Laura,

At the moment they are cancelled until we hear anything from the government. Even once lockdown is over, there will still be social distancing in place for a good while. Our rides won't start up again until we are sure it's safe to do so. I'm keeping a record of everyone who joins the club during this time and will email all new joiners when our intro rides (and other rides!) are back up and running.

If you do want to join now, then just make an application and I'll drop you an email to make sure you're happy with the terms outlined above. Once that's all signed off I'll process the membership.

Shout if you need any further info or advice.

• in Clipping in

Hi, yes this is correct, mostly to avoid an unnecessary trip to the shop where they are stocked. We don't want to put anyone at risk at the moment.

Thanks

• in Clipping in

If anyone wishes to become a member whilst we're still impacted by Covid 19, please see relevant information here: https://forum.islington.cc/conversationsĀ­/345922/

Actions