You are reading a single comment by @Tim(TLB) and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi all I just did the intro ride last week so want to join a C ride club run, but looking at messages elsewhere on the Forum I see there's no spaces left tomorrow. Is that right? Sorry if misunderstood but do I need to book a space on a ride?

• Some riders will organize a ride and want the group to be a reasonably compact size - typically this will mean a limit of 8-12 riders. In these cases, there may be some prearrangement of places.

More generally, there will also be route/ride suggestions on the day and/or slightly more flexible group sizes (12 is still a sensible upper limit). If a choice is popular, the riders may split into several groups for the same route. Many (most?) riders will simply reach Whittington park a little before 8:30 and tag onto a ride (or organize something).

Occasionally, there will be a few too many takers for certain rides, and one or more stronger riders might need to opt for joining a more gentle ride. If there is a shortage of 'C' rides, recommended for riders newer to group riding, some juggling/swelling of groups will usually take place.

Turn up to the park, with a few minutes to spare, and there should be a ride that you can join.

About

Avatar for Tim(TLB) @Tim(TLB) started