ColinShore

Member since Nov 2013 • Last active Nov 2013
  • 1 conversations
  • 1 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Hi there Islington Cycle Club

My name is Colin Shore and I'm a 3rd Year Sports Therapy student at London Metropolitan University. Part of my final year dissertation is to create and conduct a research project. For this I'm looking to focus my attention on cycling, which is a big passion of mine. This is where I turn to Islington Cycling Club and would like to enquire if you would be able to assist in this process.

My research title is

'The effects of differing fluid temperature on heart rate, rates of perceived exhaustion, aerobic performance and core temperature'

Which is essentially looking at the effects that different temperature water has on the body when performing a 60km time trial. This would involve 3 visits to our University laboratory in Holloway, London, to conduct the task. In a perfect world it would be nice to have between 6-10 participants who all ride at a high and very similar level (a homogeneous group), as this makes the testing much more statistically valid. This increased validity means, that depending on the results it could help form further research and allow club teams to possible adopt new techniques.

Would a group of between 6-10 Islington Cycle Club members be able to spare the time for three visits each to our university laboratories to help conduct the research?

I have also sent details to Mr D Shannon who will also hopefully forward the details amongst the group.
    Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration on the above matter and I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Please drop myself an email at [email protected] if this is something you could help out on and I can forward all the finite details.

Also please accept my apologies If I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum, for some reason this section was the only one that I was able to create a new thread in.

Kind Regards
    Colin Shore.

Actions