John.Ridley

Member since Aug 2019 • Last active Oct 2019
  • 0 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Thank you so much!
    For some reason the first reply didn’t come up on my inbox but luckily the second one did. I have read it and look forward to joining the club ride as a guest this Sunday.

Hi again,

Last Saturday afternoon after having got home from a ride I sent an email to [email protected] asking for details and an invitation regarding the Sunday club run. I got no reply and then sent a message via the British Cycling website in the evening in the hope this may be seen.

Neither of these attempts to communicate were replied to and so I was unable to join a the Sunday club ride. It is now Friday and I would like to join the club ride this Sunday. Could you please reply to my emails or reply on here telling me what I have done wrong and how I should make contact and then join the Sunday ride. (I have attached a screenshot of the initial email I sent on Saturday afternoon - my email address is [email protected])

Thanks,

John

Okay thank you for informing my about the changes to the groups. I will join green first then go with grey and then I’ll decide whether to ride with grey or blue for my last ride as a guest depending on how I go with grey. Do the different groups ride different routes or do all the groups ride the same route as each other.

Thank you for your helpful and informative replies!

John

Thank you both for replying so quickly. I am currently away but will be back in London by Sunday. I will email once I am sure that I am free on Sunday. Seeing as I am unable to join the Saturday laps or midweek rides I will probably try to attempt 3 Sunday rides. The first time going in the C group, the second time going with the B group and the third time I might try the A group if I can get the route beforehand as I am likely to get dropped and I will tell the leader that they should not wait for me.

Yours faithfully,

John

Hi there!
    I am unsure how to create a new conversation so I thought I would just comment on this one and hope it is seen. I have just turned 16 and am looking to join a cycling club. I am experienced enough at cycling both on road and track (I used to go to Herne Hill regularly when I lived closer to there and also managed to somehow obtain VC Londres kit and become a member although not an active one). I cycle a decent amount but usually solo and want to change this by joining a cycling club. I am looking at different clubs such as London Dynamo, Hackney CC etc. I particularly want to join ICC as I live in between Regent’s Park and swains lane so not far from any Islington CC meeting point. I am also leaning towards joining this club as the adult group is from 16+ which would allow me to ride with adults and challenge my fitness whereas in other clubs I would have to join the junior section of the club. I was wondering if I could join you on up to 3 rides to see the different types of rides you have on before I make a decision as to what club to join. I am usually quite shy and as I will not know anyone just yet I will just pedal quietly and keep myself to myself. I plan to join a Regents Park Saturday morning ride, a north London hills midweek ride (as I want to see the pace which is set up climbs such as swains lane and whether I will be able to hold on) and finally will hope to join a Sunday ride. On Sunday rides is there any way I can know the Sunday route in advance or would I just turn up at the meeting point and follow the leader of my group?

Also, after riding for a while with the club, should I choose Islington, I would like to start racing crits; I see on the British Cycling website that some members of this club participate in the type of events I will hope to compete in and my question is: If there are multiple members in a race do we ride as a team, as individuals or only as a team if we are already familiar through previous rides?

I will of course email to let you know in advance what rides I hope to join but I just wanted to ask these questions about the club first.

Yours faithfully,

John

Actions