Posted on
  • Hi, I’m a freshly minted new member - as of today - and am interested in getting out on Sunday for my first group ride. How far in advance are rides usually posted on the Forum?

Thanks,

Tony

• Hey Tony
    Welcome to ICC!!! Sunday Club Rides tend to be posted between mid-week and Saturday. Keep an eye on the ‘Today’ page on the forum.
    Hope you find a good ride!

• Jonjo,

Thanks for your reply, that’s helpful.

Tony

• Hi all, trying to become a member so signed up here but it won't let me change my user name to mattyc (as I am on LFGSS etc)

I'll go and read the other threads and work out when the next training/intro ride is

• Welcome!
    Unfortunately we already have a member with that username, so you will have to come up with something else.

• Hi @user28968, the next Group Skills session is this Saturday 9.30am at Regent's Park, and there are free slots.

See here: https://forum.islington.cc/events/8705/n­ewest/

• ah that could be it... @mattyc is this true?

• ah excellent - can't do this weekend but thank you for the link

• Are rides still posted on the forum, or do we just show up to one of the "Weekly Schedule" ride times and hope to find a group of likeminded individuals?

The last activity on the "GEtting started with ICC" forum that isn't a group skills post was 2 months ago. Is there another area where rides are posted? If so, how does one access it?

• Hi @JesseH, once your membership application is fully processed you will have access to wider areas of the forum beyond Getting Started with ICC, this will include details on ad-hoc rides posted beyond the weekly schedule.

Access usually takes around one week from application, but if you are still waiting after say 2 weeks then could email [email protected]
    Did you get the welcome to ICC email yet?

• Hi everyone! I just got an email with my membership details (yay!) and had a question about the weekly rides. Is the evening rides information posted somewhere on forum or do we just meet at the starting locations without signing up? Also, I was wondering how could I join the WhatsApp group chats as someone mentioned them during the intro ride and I thought it would be nice to join them :) Thank you so much in advance!

• Hi @Kristina,

Info and links for the WhatsApp community here: https://forum.islington.cc/conversations­/382226/

Weekly rides have their own long-running threads under ICC Club Rides.

For example:
    North London Hills
    Radlett Revolution
    Fixie Loop

You could turn up to begin at Highbury Fields, but always best to check the thread and see if anybody is actually out, and the threads also detail alternative meeting points.

• Hello @RichardN1!

Thank you so much for your reply, it’s really helpful!

I’ll be checking the groups / forums and will, hopefully, join my first weekly club ride soon :)
    Last (possibly silly) question… How can I change my profile picture on the forum website? When I go to my profile settings, it only allows me to take a selfie but not to upload an existing photo. Do you think that might just be the issue with the mobile version of the website? I haven’t tried accessing it on my computer…
    Thank you in advance!

• Just checked and that seems to be how the mobile version behaves @Kristina, uploading from computer definitely works

• Just changed it now, thank you so much!!

• Hey! I've just joined! How do I get my jersey?

Thanks,
    Lydia

• Hi Lydia,

Here’s a link to the thread that explains everything regarding the order: https://forum.islington.cc/conversations­/386282/?offset=25#comment17179030
    Hope this helps :)

• Thank you! Do you know when the next lot of jerseys will be coming out?

• Hello, do you know when the next jersey order is being delivered? I ordered before Christmas :)

• Hi - I’m not quite sure where to post this. Id like to come out on Sunday rides and join club. Trouble is, I work Saturdays so can’t do introduction ride. I can cycle 50 miles fairly comfortably - did a great northerly today at about 13 mph. Cycled from south to north of Ireland and about to do same in portugal. Can I come along? Many thanks!

• I'm afraid everyone must do an Intro or Group Skills Ride before they can join. In the winter months these only take place on Saturdays. We do run midweek Group Skills sessions when there is enough light in the evenings if you're OK to wait.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Posted by Avatar for tph @tph

Actions