Group Skills - 27 April

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regents Park
  • 70.5882352941% Complete
    12/17
  • Going 12
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James
    Development Secretary

• Hi, I'm a competent cyclist (cycled over 2000km this year) but I have never cycled in a close group. Will this be a suitable ride for me as opposed to the "Introduction to club cycling"?
    Thanks

• Yep, Group Skills is better for experienced cyclists.

• Great, thanks.

• +1 beat me to it Alec!
    Yes. We’ll cover all the basics of riding safely and confidently in a group, plus practice those skills in a safe environment.

• Looking forward to this. Experienced sportive rider and just got back from a week's camp in Mallorca, but a refresher ahead of joining would be good.
    Paul

• Great to hear it Paul!

Everyone please let us know if you cant make it anymore so you dont take up a space someone else could use.

See you Saturday

• Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday. If your username is user12345 etc., it would be helpful if you could change it to something closer to your actual name - this will make processing your membership application easier if you decide to join. The weather forecast is a bit damp for Saturday. The ride will go ahead so please come prepared! The meeting place is outside as advertised. If you are earlier you may want to join some/a lot of the club in the cafe beforehand.

• @StephendS Weatherman is suggesting a VERY windy morning

• Will the high winds stop the session?

• No, we are absolutely going ahead. We're only pootling around the inner park circle.

If its very very windy we will move the session to the cafe.

• Ive had to work late tonight. My bike is in the workshop and wont be able to collect in time for the meet tomorrow. I will have to come to the May 16th Group Skills instead! Sorry

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 27 April

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions