dtmco

Member since Nov 2015 • Last active Jun 2020
  • 3 conversations
  • 310 comments

In my spare time I ride bicycles.

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Hey @user72199,

Club rides start from Whittington park at 08:30am on Sundays. There a 'A, B & C Pace' rides (in descending order of average speed). You should be able to pick out the ride leaders; introduce yourself and I am sure you will be welcome.

I might be around on Sunday, if not I am sure someone will be happy to help.

Cheers!

• in An introduction to club cycling

Sorry to hear @Eskimojudi, hope you get it all sorted out.

• in An introduction to club cycling

Hello! Just a quick note to say thanks for the ride this Saturday! I really enjoyed meeting and riding with you guys. I have now paid my fees and am a member of the club, so thank you again!

Sweet, thank you @Martine I will hopefully see you Sunday!

Hey Guys,

I have been looking to join a club this year as I have gotten more and more interested in cycling. I have been doing mostly solo rides apart from the odd time I have managed to coax a flatmate along — I have ridden in groups, but these were semi-oraginsed during events such as the Dynamo or the Ride 100. I was intending to come along to one of the introductory rides but have noticed I just missed this months! I wouldn't describe myself as fast, and my solo rides usually come in around 70km/43miles.

I guess my question is would the Sunday Group C rides be a good place to start, or is it best to train up for next months introductory ride? My only concern is I don't want to be hanging off the back or holding anyone up.

Looking forward to riding with you soon.

Cheers,

Jack

Actions