Ev

Member since Aug 2015 • Last active Nov 2016
  • 6 conversations
  • 1,348 comments

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

Doesn't look that new to me haha

There's a photo of Ollie's sweat-sodden face that might suit...

True, although depending on the brand, the difference between the cheaper models more expensive ones is usually just the components. The frame, quite often, is identical.

From the looks of it these days, as long as your budget starts from around 400/450, you can get the same frame-set on a brand's 'budget' model as their more premium ones.

I think Clive's starting budget is gonna get him a pretty decent bit of kit that's plenty upgradeable for the foreseeable future.

hugely agree on the fit/bibs/saddle thing

Definitely get something at the top end of your budget. That way you'll end up with a better frame. Everything else can be changed if need be.

I don't think you necessarily need a crossbike, unless you're planning on riding down bridal paths. Something like a Specialized Allez or any Sportive focussed bike should do you right and most of them will take relatively big tyres these days.

Get down the bike shops and try everything in your price range... there's nothing more important than actually sitting on the thing and trying it out. :)

Actions