SamuelD

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Dec 2023

Most recent activity

• in Getting started with ICC

All you've done there is point out how bad 'energy drinks' are.

Dates, bananas, rice, fish, oats, vegetables, nuts. Works for me.

Do you have any food allergies?

I'm allergic to unhealthy, crap, mass produced fast food which ruins the diets of impressionable children and ignorant parents, and has a highly destructive impact on the environment through irresponsible sourcing of ingredients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHxRwQq­WFo

Edit: @EDS beat me to it!

@Thibaud just spotted your comment above regarding Cross. Did my first cross race (and first ever cross ride tbh) this week and really enjoyed it. Just wondering if you have any local routes you know that perhaps you could lead a ride on at some point. There is a small (but probably set to increase) number of cross riders in the club so should be some interest.

Sam

I think it's quite sporadic as, like you mentioned, most will go out Sunday. The 7am and 8am laps in Regents park are very popular too so that's where most riders will be Saturday morning. Glad you had a good ride regardless and welcome to the club. Curious as to what happened to the other 3 riders...

• in An introduction to club cycling

Yep, there's a shifter on the right drop.

Cool bike really!

Hi Lew,

Apologies for the late reply. Check if there are any places available on the next intro ride. If there aren't and you're confident you can ride in a group safely, feel free to come along on a club ride. We have a guide to group riding which lists all the relevant hand signals which you may find useful - http://www.islington.cc/#faq

Of course, the intro rides are really the best place to learn these and you can always come on a club ride then attend the next available intro ride.

It sounds like you're in good shape so it's worth noting that if you attend one of the faster rides, signalling and communication is sometimes not as thorough as a higher level of bike handling is implied by the pace. Get there early and let the ride leader know that you're new. If you have any questions about signalling, the leader or any other member should be able to help.

Finally, welcome!

DEEP rims! Welcome @Guido_QG.

We have plenty of keen racers if you fancy getting involved in racing in the UK.

• in An introduction to club cycling

Which one did you go for in the end? Feel free to post a pic in the 'What's New?' thread for us to drool over.

Could be that, due to the frame's geometry, the effective top tube - the length of the imagined horizontal line between the top of the head tube to the seatpost - the reach was actually greater. This is often the case with racier frames so you're more stretched out and aerodynamic.

Manufacturers rather unhelpfully usually list the frame size by the length of the seat tube which is an irrelevant measurment as you can easily move the saddle up or down.

Actions