Anthi

Member since Aug 2016 • Last active Mar 2019

Islington Women's Representative and
Half the Road moderator

I took on the role of the Women's Rep in the club in October 2018. Please feel free to contact me via the forum or on [email protected] for anything you'd like to ask!

About me:
I joined ICC in 2016. We've probably met at an Intro Ride or Group Skills session but I'm bad with names so please remind me! :)
I like taking photos... Lots of photos!!
I like audaxes and surprisingly got the most improved rider's ICC award in 2017. \m/
Can't stop buying kit and bike accessories.
Recently built my first Track Bike, which I've named "Troublegum"! 😅
It's a Cinelli Vigorelli Steel and I'm in love!!
Always having something on my schedule!
Either eating pizza, chocolate & cakes or drinking coffee/rum/gin/ales! 😜
Maybe I need to cut down on cake, as it's given me a few bad teeth lately..😷
Instagram:@agnessbass82 @fixedgeargurl
Strava profile here
Some videos on my YouTube Channel, from a few 2017 rides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlItacE­qVY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmtNORI­O70

See you on the road (or hopefully the Track)!!

Most recent activity

• started
    Houghton Farm, Houghton, Arundel BN18 9LW
    • 39 comments
  • in Clipping in

Pub dinner sent over! We’re eating at the George and Dragon on the 6th of April at 7:30 pm! Cocktails on the terrace will follow after that! :)
    *Only three places left if you make up your mind the last minute! Nearly sold out!!
    *Can those of you with breakfast options let me know if you have any particular requirements? I’ve contacted Kate from the Bunkhouse to ask for vegetarian options and with the flexibility to share non-dairy milk and peanut butter if need be. Does that sound good?

• started
    The Spoke
    • 1 comment
  • in Clipping in

Islington Cycling Club's annual ladies' open ride is back - and you're invited!

Following the success of all our past Ladies’ Open Rides, we'll be setting off from the Spoke on Holloway Road for a day of riding, chatting and - most importantly - eating cake.

This non-competitive event is a celebration of women's cycling, and the perfect opportunity to warm up for a summer of cycling, as well as a chance to meet other women from ICC and elsewhere who are passionate about all things cycling. You'll also find out all the joys club cycling has to offer, so if you're making up your mind about whether to join a club, come along and see if it's for you!

You'll be able to choose a route of 65km (40 miles) or 85km (52 miles), and we'll regroup at the end for a yummy brunch at Look Mum No Hands!, Old Street.

The event is completely free, and is open to club members and non-club members alike - so tell your friends and let's make this a big one!

Use the link of the event in Eventbrire to share!
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/islington­-cycling-club-womens-open-ride-tickets-5­8507607830?ref=eios

We are thinking about doing some fundraising for women on the day, so if you’d like to contribute, please bring some cash.

Proposed Routes:
    85km
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12600956

65km Ride:
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12601153

Requirements:

• Confidence to complete a 65km (40 mile) route in a group at approx 20-22kph (12-13mph).
    • A roadworthy road bike in good condition (make sure your brakes and tyres are in good condition and pumped properly!).
    • Helmets are mandatory as per all our club rides.
    • You don’t need to bring any locks or backpacks. Be as light as possible!
    • Emergency essentials: 1-2 spare tubes, pump, multi-tool, tyre levers.
    • Stay hydrated and energised: Bring water and a couple of bars/bananas.
    • Bring cash in case card readers don’t work at the coffee/food stops and just in case of emergency.
      See you there!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email Anthi at [email protected]
    All current ICC members are kindly asked to volunteer as Ride leaders to support this ride. Ladies please get in touch for the organising huddle! :)

• in Clipping in

Bumping this! Last day today for pub orders but we still have 6 places available until the trip! If you don’t place pub orders today, you may not be able to find a space to eat at the pub but can definitely join for cocktails on their beautiful terrace! :)

• in Clipping in

Awesome!! @Sara_S wanna ping me your phone number to add you to the South Downs chat for the logistics? Ta!

• in Clipping in

Excellent, thanks!

• in Clipping in

Bump! Only two more days to grab your tickets for the South Downs Trip ladies!! Hurry up if you've been thinking about it! :)
    Menu choices here and you can submit them to LouiseC here.

• in Clipping in

Food options update!
    **Important: if you are interested in joining the trip, you must confirm to me by the 22nd of March!**

Hi Anthi

REF: Reservation for 20 people (numbers to be confirmed by 23rd March) on 6th April to eat at 7.30pm

Please find attached a copy of the menu for your booking above for which we will require you menu choices & confirmed numbers by 23rd March latest as per my email dated 10th March.

Once we have received your individual selections they maybe amended up to 48 hours prior subsequently any cancellations or non-attendance on the day will be charged in full.

We have included Vegetarian/Vegan options in the menu however with regards to the soup shown as Vegan/Vegetarian it does not include the bread & butter as it is not suitable for Vegans.

When placing your orders please note by the individuals name their dietary requirements.

If there is anything further that I can do please do let me know.

Please confirm safe receipt of this email.

Kind regards

Carole
    The George & Dragon
    Houghton
    Arundel
    Tel: 01798 831559
    http://www.thegeorgeanddragonhoughton.co­.uk

If you have any Food Allergies or Special Dietary Requirements PLEASE let a member of our team know BEFORE ordering - THANK YOU

• in Clipping in

Awesome! Welcome on board Becky! :)

Actions