Anthi

Member since Aug 2016 • Last active Jan 2019

Islington Women's Representative and
Half the Road moderator

I took on the role of the Women's Rep in the club in October 2018. Please feel free to contact me via the forum or on [email protected] for anything you'd like to ask!

About me:
I joined ICC in 2016. We've probably met at an Intro Ride or Group Skills session but I'm bad with names so please remind me! :)
I like taking photos... Lots of photos!!
I like audaxes and surprisingly got the most improved rider's ICC award in 2017. \m/
Can't stop buying kit and bike accessories.
Recently built my first Track Bike, which I've named "Troublegum"! 😅
It's a Cinelli Vigorelli Steel and I'm in love!!
Always having something on my schedule!
Either eating pizza, chocolate & cakes or drinking coffee/rum/gin/ales! 😜
Maybe I need to cut down on cake, as it's given me a few bad teeth lately..😷
Instagram:@agnessbass82 @fixedgeargurl
Strava profile here
Some videos on my YouTube Channel, from a few 2017 rides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlItacE­qVY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmtNORI­O70

See you on the road (or hopefully the Track)!!

Most recent activity

• in Group Skills

I won't be in London, otherwise I'd be there for support to make a big enough group!

• in Clipping in

Yes, I do. I haven't seen any in the immediate area around the estate apart from Camden Square to be honest but that's too far from where I am to overlook my bike. My old hybrid bike was left to die locked on a railing for 2.5 years until last month when I finally dismantled it. It was under an undercroft but still, anything that could've rusted during that period, it did!

• in Clipping in

Hi! I am a Camden resident, not Islington, but although I've requested bike hangars to be installed in my estate, the council won't get any.
    I assume they believe that the anti-social behaviour people around here will destroy it in no time and steal the bikes..
    One think that I'd worry about the hangars is that long term use would end up damaging the bike due to exposure to the high humidity levels outdoors and lead bike parts to rust quickly, even though not in direct contact with rain.

• in Group Skills

Amazing! See you around soon then! :)

• in Group Skills

Many thanks to the brave ones who faced the cold last Saturday! Really nice to meet you and ride with you, it was a great GS session.
    The names of those who attended have been forwarded to the Membership Secretary and your membership can now be approved if you decide to join ICC!
    Hope to see you again on the road soon!
    :)

• in An introduction to club cycling

Please keep an eye on this thread and should a space become available, just grab it! Unfortunately there is no automated function for this, so just keep an eye on it. Sometimes people drop out without releasing their space on the forum (which is what we try to avoid and keep reminding everyone to kindly release their space if they change their mind). You can always have a stroll at WP, just in case, but we can't know in advance as it's down to every participant to communicate effectively with us.
    Please, also try to change your username to something identifiable and avoid "user1234".
    If the IR is still full, you can try one of our GS sessions if you don't want to wait for your membership approval. ;)
    Thanks and good luck!

• in Group Skills

Can the rest please let us know if you can't make it and update your user names as well if you haven't? Thanks!
    :)

• in Group Skills

Awesome!! Exciting! :)
    Unfortunately no potholes to practice on... but I have an idea. ;)

• in Group Skills

Just been updated that the roadworks on the inner circle have finished, so we're good to go! See you all tomorrow! :)

• in Group Skills

Hi all,
    Looking forward to seeing you at the GS session on Saturday. The Inner Circle is currently being resufaced (hip-hip-hooray!!) and the works are expected to be completed by Saturday, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    We will try to confirm if plans change and update here, so watch this space.

Can I please ask all the participants that you update your profile name to something identifiable instead of @user12345 for example, so we know who is who and thus process membership for those who decide to join ICC after the session?

Please do let us know if you can't make it and make sure you click the button saying 'I can't make it' to release space for others who may wish to attend.

Please do bring your helmets. They are mandatory for all ICC rides and have a look at the guides at the top of this thread to see what's involved and get some preparation for the day.
    Last but not least, there may be a bit of rain, so please make sure you fit your mudguards on your bikes out of courtecy to our fellow riders. No aero gains needed here, as it's a slow training session. ;)
    Looking forward to meeting you lot on the day.
    Watch this space for updates. :)

Actions