MikeMC

Member since Jun 2016 • Last active Dec 2018

Enjoy Swimming, Running but mostly Cycling followed closely by Quality Ale and Cheesy Wotsits.

Most recent activity

• in Group Skills

👍 you’re welcome Keith. Hopefully you’ve also had a glimpse of how open and friendly ICC is. Look forward to getting out on a ride in the near future. 🙂 Mike

• started
    Regents Park
    • 12 comments
  • in Group Skills

Hi Nathan, we meet at the Zoo Entrance on the Outer Circle. We usually roll out at 08:00 so if you can be there for around 07:50 that would be great. Cheers, Mike

• in Group Skills

Hi @Nathanlustgarten , how do you fancy meeting at 08:00 for an hour of 2 up C pace riding followed by a chat over coffee and croissants?

• in Group Skills

I’ve suggested bringing it forward to 08:00 and joining a C group. We can go through all the theory stuff in the warmth of the cafe afterwards.

• in Group Skills

bump

• in Group Skills

It's been moved to next Saturday 15th Dec 09:30 - more light!

• in Group Skills

Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James (Committee Member for training and socials)

• in Clipping in

There's 2 side by side outside my place. I was going to rent a space until a van knocked into one of them and they both popped open. They were left unlocked and open for well over 2 weeks so I would definitely be worried about security.

[Edit] Still better than chaining to a post or railing if you have no alternative.

• in Group Skills

Hi all,
    Just a reminder for this Thursday’s Group Skills session. We meet at the big gates opposite York Bridge on the Inner Circle at 6.30pm. Please make sure you have lights that will last up to 90mins in non flashing mode. Look forward to meeting you all. Mike

Actions