ColinFisher

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active Aug 2020

I broke my back skiing in 2014. I have titanium poles screwed into my spine and a titanium vertebra to replace the one I destroyed.

I was living in Italy as part of my recovery and decided to take up road cycling, joining a club, the Centinarolese (nicknamed I Pansèrs) in 2015. They are a very friendly club. I learnt so much from them and made many new friends.

In November 2015 I returned to London for the winter and joined ICC. Another great club. In September 2017 I was proud to organise the first ICC twinning, when 10 ICCers came out to Italy to ride with my club. A great weekend. Since then the Pansèrs have been to London in 2018 and ICC returned to Fano in 2019.

We have no established that the Pansèr travel to London in even number years and ICCers travel to Italy in odd number of years.

I now spend the winters in London (ICC) and the summers in Italy (Pansèrs).

Most recent activity

• in Clipping in

You’re right, it’s not the same, nor is the world right now.

• in Clipping in

How about a presentation that we go through and then a Q&A session. All using Zoom or similar. We can use the same threads as now for volunteers. We could stick to the 09:30 Saturday slot, so those of us doing the ICC laps on Zwift 08:00 - 09:00 can have a quick coffee then head on over to the virtual GRS, just like we do in real life.

• in Clipping in

I am going to the funeral and the pub afterwards.

Its a testament to Leroy that the JustGiving page we set up in his name for the Sickle Cell Society has so far raised:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/i­ccfish-n-chipsrideforleroy

• in Clipping in

I too am planning to go. I have a hat, unless we feel it appropriate for us all to wear an ICC cap?

• in Clipping in

As of this evening (11th Feb)

• in Clipping in

Donations are now at £200.

Thank you everyone who has donated so far.

• in Clipping in

£110 has been donated already. Thank you.

JustGiving insists on a target being set so I put it at £200. It doesn't matter what the target is, just that those who want to can make a donation in Leroy's name.

• in Clipping in

Yes, great idea @SeanW. I hope it brings some comfort to the family, it's obvious from the many comments that he was so well loved in the club.

• in Clipping in

A few of us have also been discussing naming a ride or event after Leroy, as @LiamMc has mentioned.

We would need the approval of his family of course, but I'm sure many members would support this idea.

• in Clipping in

This is such a shock. I have fond memories of Leroy, always helping out other riders through his volunteering. A thoroughly nice guy.

My abiding memory of him was when we first met at Regent's Park. After laps in the café:

L "Hi, my name's Leroy"

C "I'm Colin. I feel I know you intimately already"

L Looking perplexed "How come?"

C "I've just followed you around the park staring at your arse crack"

L "Sorry about that, they are a bit short"

Many months later he introduced me to another rider. "This is Colin, he knows me intimately" much to the confusion of the person being introduced.

A great guy.

Actions