Group Skills - 17 June 2017

Posted on
  • Regents Park, London
  • 88.2352941176% Complete
    15/17
  • Going 15
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hi, I joined the ladies ride last weekend and was told I would need to do this before/to become a member. I'm hoping to try the group cycle beforehand so will stay back after and join this if that works? It seems there is space? Thanks! Emma

• Glad you can make it Emma!

• Thanks to Greg, Vera, Mikey, James, Sam, Jordan, Judie, David, Emma, Ed and Claudia who attended this morning's GS session. Hope to see you on club ride soon.

There was one other person who joined a few minutes after we had already started and I didn't get your name. Please let me know and I will put you on the list.

[EDIT] Think there was another Sam - SammyJ?

• Thanks for a great session Mike!

• Thanks for the intro to group cycling. Really enjoyed it and will join the Sunday ride in two weeks time. Have a good weekend! David

• To the guy I cycled with afterwards (sorry I'm bad at names), thanks for the ride and sorry for the slow pace. Enjoy Italy and your first Tri! David

• Your welcome Ed. Thanks for your contribution to the session.

• Yep thanks everyone. Some exemplary group skills displayed by all.

Hope to see you all out on a ride soon!

• Hey @MikeMC yes I'm SammyJ- I was in the red tshirt, in your group 👍

Thanks again to both you and @JamesE for running the session- great meeting everyone 😃

• Thanks all for this morning. Looking forwards to joining a group ride soon!

• Thanks for confirming. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you out on a ride.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 17 June 2017

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions