Group Skills - 22 April 2017

Posted on
  • Regents Park
  • 68.75% Complete
    11/16
  • Going 11
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

This session will be led by MikeMC

• Hey, so I've said that I'm attending on behalf of my girlfriend Lucy, who has started riding this year. The pestering has paid off, and she's looking at joining ICC! I've done plenty of riding with her where I've been explaining club riding techniques, signals etc, but she's never actually ridden in a proper group. Would she be okay in one of these sessions? I would come down and help support, but my knee is still very much not capable of cycling...
    Cheers!

James

• Hey @James.C that's great news! She would be totally fine in this session, we get all abilities along to these.

• Excellent, cheers @AlecJ that's much appreciated! I'll let Lucy know! Also, presuming my group riding is considered up to scratch, I need to put my name down to help out with running one of these sessions... Giving something back and all that! As soon as I'm recovered anyway... Who should I talk to about arranging that?

• Hey James! Hope you're healing up ok :)
    Awesome news you've persuaded the gf!
    I'll add you to the Intro Ride organising huddle and you can cut and paste yourself in to which ever day you're up for!
    Thank you!!

• A big thank you to all the attendees this morning, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. I thought everyone did really well, a nice cohesive group with good communication. Hope to see you out on a ride some time.

• Hi there
    I'm interested in doing an intro session- is there a group skills ride at Regent's park this Saturday?
    Thanks
    Dom

• Hi Dom, next GS session is on the 13th May and will appear in 'Clipping in' soon. +AlecJ is away at the moment and will upload the up and coming events as soon as he returns. In the meantime keep an eye out for available places on the 'Intro Ride' 6th May as some people tend to drop out nearer the time.

• Great, thanks Mike- I'll keep an eye out for notice of May 13th

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 22 April 2017

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions