Hi there!

Posted on
  • Hi!

• hi, did mean to write something else but forgot :p

Was meaning to ask if you still do club rides at this time of year and if you still have two groups. I assume mudguards are mandatory if it's wet? Anyway i'm thinking of coming this sunday so I look forward to seeing you there!

Merry Christmas Islington cc!
    Jon

• Hi jon,

Welcome. Club runs are still on. Two groups is normal, a longer quicker ride and a shorter slower ride. Look around the site for details.

Rob

• Hi All,
    I'm new here and today was my first club ride with icc and I thoroughly enjoyed it (short ride). Thanks to stephen and everyone else who lead and marshalled the ride.
    Apologies if I didn't introduce myself earlier, I was the teen clad in black endura gear on an allez sport.
    I look forward to riding with you guys again and, potentially, becoming a member woo!
    Thanks

• Also sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't leave a comment in the 'Sunday club rides'.

• Hi Mohamed,

This is the right thread and welcome

Hopefully you enjoyed the ride and want to come along again and hopefully become a member.

p.s - non members can only post in the this part of the forum.

Rob

• Hiya +mohamed - thanks for coming along today and really please you enjoyed it! Sorry I didn't get everyone's names today - there were a lot of new folk out riding (which is an excellent thing).

See you on future rides soon!

• Hi everyone, I hope I'm welcome to come along to the next Sunday ride (fingers crossed we won't be in the middle of the dreaded polar vortex)!
    I've been commuting to and from work (around 15 miles round trip) for around 4 months now and in the spirit of new years resolutions I'd like to join a cycling club and increase the amount of riding I do.
    I hope to see you all on Sunday bright and early!!

Hannah

• Hi +HannahJF - you will be most welcome on one of our rides, we look forward to seeing you on a club ride soon!

Have a look through this 'clipping in' section of the forum - hopefully any questions on club ride etiquette and distances/speeds should be answered here. If not, give us a shout and we'll answer your questions the best we can.

• Hannah - Welcome to the club. (Polar vortex permitting) I look forward to meeting you on a club run soon.

• Hi Everyone.
    Thinking of coming along Sunday as injury and weather has put a halt to my usual riding.
    What sort of numbers do you tend to get? And will zero experience of group riding be an issue?

• Hi @user6284

We'd welcome you along on Sunday. You don't need any experience at all. Most weeks there is more than one rider who is new to group riding. Chat to the other riders before we start to get some tips and take a look here too: http://www.fccc.org.uk/attachments/articĀ­le/644/Cycling%20Etiquette.pdf

The last couple of weeks we've had about 30 riders in total, who split up into a faster and slower ride.

• OK Great.
    Hopefully see you there. What sort of time do the rides tend to end?

• Usually between 12 and 1 after coffee and depending if you went on the longer or shorter ride.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Hi there!

Posted by Avatar for Jon @Jon

Actions