Can I ride with Islington CC as a guest?

Posted on
Page
of 3
Prev
/ 3
Next
  • Hi @Anthi,
    It hasn't no, but I've been in touch via email with some people and they told me it should get sorted soon ;)
    Was hoping to perhaps join a midweek ride from the Park in the meanwhile, can anyone confirm me whether they are on this week?

• Good morning @Gilles!
    Good to know it's underway! Very busy period for the commitee!
    Yes, weekday rides are on from WP at 6:30.
    Radlett Revolution on Tuesdays
    North London Hills on Wednesdays
    Fixie Loop on Thursdays
    Lee Valley VeloPark sessions & Turbo classes at City Gym on Thursdays too.
    :)

• Hi +Gilles - I have manually added you while Aidan sorts out the automatic version.

Please let me know if you can now see the whole forum

Best,

Jonny

• Thanks @JonnyK, all good now!

• Hi there,
    I'm interested in joining the Sunday morning ride as a guest for the first time - are the details still the same? (Holloway Road entrance to Whittington Park, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. ) Are there still 3 levels of rides, and is there any chance you could let me know average speed for the C ride? I have seen something that it's approx 50-60km, but didn't come across the average speed anywhere.
    Thank you :)

• C groups are 12-13mph

Meet for an 8:30am depart at Whittington Park

• Thank you!

• On thing to be aware of - Sunday is our 200km Reliability Ride into Essex, so the numbers in the park may be slightly lower than usual. If you feel up to riding that distance, it's a fun day out.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events­/details/170191/The-Great-Escape

• Hello - I am interesting in joining the Sunday ride this week or the next and was wondering how long the rides usually are? I've done 2 long group rides so far so will probably join Group C as a guest for now. Could you please let me know?

Many thanks

Eleni

• Eleni, if you wish to join the C group we usually ride 65km with a break in the middle.

• Hi Eleni, it would be great to have you along. Can you send an e-mail to [email protected] I'll reply with an invitation and with some details of the club. Thanks!

• @Sir_Shannonball would you be able to amend the OP in this thread so that it asks anyone interested in riding with the club to e-mail [email protected] we need a papertrail of an invitation to make sure our insurance applies.

Can I ride with you as a guest to see if I want to join?
    Yes! With an invitation from our membership secretary you can come along as a
    guest to our regular Sunday club rides (or one of our introductory
    rides - see below). We meet at the Holloway Road entrance to
    Whittington Park, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We welcome new riders
    to join us as a guest for up to three rides of these rides. To get
    your invitation please e-mail [email protected].

• Hi - is there a Sunday group ride this weekend that I might join in on as a guest please? Thanks, Laura

• Hi Laura,

Yes, we invite non-members to join us on upto 3 Sunday rides before becoming a member.

On Sunday mornings we meet at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We split into three groups: A (17-18 mph), B (14-16 mph) and C (12-13 mph). Routes and distances vary. So we suggest you start with the Group C ride, typically a 35-40m. You do not need to sign up beforehand for these ones, just turn up 5-10 minutes before the advertised start time, identify yourself as a guest to anyone in an ICC jersey, and they'll tell you all that you need to know.

If you are new to riding in a group you might also like to check out our Introduction to Club Cycling or Group Skills sessions. We ask you do one of these sessions at some point before becoming a member.

Hope you find this useful. Let me know if you need any other information or advice.

• Hello
    Hi there,
    I'm interested in joining the Sunday morning ride as a guest for the first time and looking to join the C ride group any advise is welcome
    Regards
    Jahan

• Hi Jahan, you would be very welcome to join a ride on Sunday.

If you send me an e-mail at [email protected] I will send you a proper invitation to the club, the information in the message above should give you most of the details too.

• Hi! I would like to become a member, do I have to wait until I can do the monthly introduction?

• Hi Ellen,
    Assuming you're comfortable riding in a group then you're welcome to ride with us on a couple of Sunday rides before we ask you to join up, at which point you would need to complete either the monthly Intro Ride or the more frequent group skills ride.

On Sundays we meet for 8-30 at Whittington Park off Holloway Road. Please introduce yourself to someone as a new rider at the briefing. We normally recommend that new riders join a C-pace ride.

• Thank you! So for the other rides of the week, I need to become a member, correct? When is the next into ride or the group skills ride?

• That is my understanding.
    Group Skills on Thursday, still places left. Next Intro Ride will be 4th August though the forum post won't be going live for a week or two.

• Hey there, after doing the group skills sessions last Thursday I was wondering if it was possible to join this evening’s fixie loop ride as a guest?

I’m hoping to be out of work in time to be at Whittington Park for 6:20. Also, for this midweek ride are there the usual A B and C groups or does it tend to be only one, maybe two groups?

Thanks!

• Hi - just wondering if a buddy and I could come and join your Sunday morning ride as guests for a trial please? We have not done your intro rides but have some experience of riding in bunches. Meet at the Holloway Rd entrance to Whittington Park at 830am right? Thanks

• Yes, but let us know that you are coming to ride with us by emailing [email protected].

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Can I ride with Islington CC as a guest?

Posted by Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball

Actions