Last night's cycle ride

Posted on
  • Hi,
    wanted to say thank you for those who were out last night on the ride, I have a lot of work to do on my fitness to be at the point where I'm comfortable riding at that sort of speed and distance.
    thanks to those who spent the whole time looking over there shoulder as I sluggishly made my way to the back of the group.
    I had fun and will be back hopefully with a upgraded machine and fresh legs.

cheers

Danny

• Danny,
    I was the one attempting to guide everyone on the ICC "Fixie Loop" (a route I'm not overly familiar with). Sorry about those couple of wrong turns and hairy moments, but it was nice to have you along for the ride.
    Cheers,
    Justin

• Hello Justin,

you done a sterling job I must say I wasn't that keen on the route we took, but I'm very new to cycling and don't have much to compare too.

how many miles were covered last night, from the park and back?

I was trailing behind at the end and lost sight of everyone in Highgate. from there I rolled down to Stoke Newington.

• You did very well! I was pushing it reasonably hard in the front for most of it.

I agree that the route wasn't the best, but I think it has historical significance for the club. I prefer Wednesday "North London Hills" rides. Obviously those are a bit more testing, but they are definitely good at building up strength/fitness generally.

We probably did about 53km from the park and back. Here is a link to my strava route (which includes my ride to the park and back): http://www.strava.com/activities/1704361­56

I definitely recommend getting yourself a strava account so that you can start tracking your cycling progress.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Last night's cycle ride

Posted by Avatar for steadman @steadman

Actions