Joining a Sunday ride

Posted on
  • Hello! I've been thinking of joining a cycling club recently and wondered if I could join you for one of your Sunday rides, or need I become a member first? Are you doing one this weekend? Any idea how far? I've been riding quite a long time and go on the odd Sunday ride but been thinking about doing something more regular. Not sure which of your groups I'd fit into. Thanks very much, Nye

• Hello Nye!

You don't have to be a member for your first couple of rides, just join us. We set off from Whittington Park (Holloway Road entrance) at 8.30 on Sunday mornings. There are 2 groups, one about 40 miles at a slower pace, one about 60 or so (varies) at a faster pace. No one gets dropped, we wait at the top of hills and we stop for coffee.

• Hi Nye

You are very welcome to come and ride as a guest. If you enjoy it, then you can join!

We meet at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We split into two groups, one goes a little further and a little faster: 35-45 miles (12-14mph) and 40-75 miles (15-17mph).

As +Laura_H posted earlier today: "Although today, we cut the long run a little shorter to accommodate people's schedules after being delayed slightly by a few punctures on the way out! The average speeds totally depend on who is on the club run and who is leading to be honest."

• Sorry - I overlapped with you +ShauNuff

• @Shannonball luckily we both said the same thing, that could have been very embarrassing

• We are one

• Hi,

I'd like to join your club ride on Sunday.

Safe to assume it's still 8.30am outside Whittington Park?

I also don't have mudguards (unless I bring my brompton), will I be frowned upon?

• Sean - Welcome! Feel free to join the ride without mudguards. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

• Great, see you Sunday.

• Thanks for leading the ride on Sunday Richard.

I'll be signing up for membership, looks like your A group rides are just what I need on a Sunday.

• Sean - Great! Glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you soon.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Joining a Sunday ride

Posted by Avatar for user6148 @user6148

Actions