You are reading a single comment by @thomaswillan and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello

I have been riding fairly seriously for a couple of years (mostly long weekend rides, short but harder sessions at Regents and Richmond and a couple of triathlons). Now that most of my cycling buddies have moved South, I'm looking to join a local club for regular training sessions and weekend club runs.

I'm comfortable riding in a group and understand the rules / etiquette. I enjoy relaxed longer rides but I'm also hoping to really push my fitness through some focussed training sessions - does the club have regular chaingangs/pacelines etc? I have often joined in with some quick group laps at Regents Park but it'd be good to do this as part of a club rather than tagging on to a group as an outsider...

Also hoping to do some road racing later in the year and planning a couple of trips to the mountains, so I'd like to get some serious summer training in the legs as well as meet some friendly new faces.

Do you think the club would be suitable and, if so, when would be the best time to come along and join a session/meet some of the other members?

I have a couple of friends who might also be interested in joining if the club is right for them (they have similar experience and goals ).

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas

About