Sounds like Lance at Redbridge

Posted on
  • I've been asked to help with arranging some sound recording for the upcoming Stephen Frears / Lance Armstrong film. They're after some 'peloton' atmosphere, without any extraneous noise.

For this, the production has hired Redbridge (Hog Hill) for a couple of hours on Sunday June 1st. A Central London CTC fast group will ride out from Highbury, to be there about 08.45. We have the circuit till 10.30, and there will be the option of a group ride after.

I was wondering if Islington could help flesh out the numbers - we're after about 15 riders in all. Obviously geared bikes race bikes, able to ride the circuit in a bunch a number of times, and do as requested (most importantly keep quiet when asked and turn phones off, not just to silent). Syringes provided.

If interested, please contact me at [email protected] (07768 354010)

Separately, I'm leading a group to the Womens Pro Race as it goes through Hertford on Saturday May 10th, leaving Barracuda in East Finchley at 10. All welcome to show support

• Hi @NickB
    I'm sure we would be able to help out.
    Might be an idea to highlight to our members how fast 'fast' is?

• Sounds like a good/free way to get some circuit experience in!

• Yeah I'm keen.
    Out of interest, are you a freelance sound recordist or more production? (I'm writing-directing a short film, cycling, possibly coming up this autumn/winter).

• Yeh maybe

• I'm up for this. Knowing Central London CTC, I imagine their pace would be towards the top end of our B rides.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Sounds like Lance at Redbridge

Posted by Avatar for NickB @NickB

Actions