You are reading a single comment by @louis and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Anyone is welcome to come along and join in as a guest for up to three of our club rides.

Then you'll be asked to join, but before we accept your application, you need to complete either an introductory ride or a group riding skills session. You can find details and sign up elsewhere in the Clipping in section of our forum.

Our club rides are fun and friendly and we have a nobody-gets-left-behind policy, regrouping at all hills and turn points.

We have a mandatory helmet policy on club rides, so please make sure you wear one - no helmet = no ride.

We ask newcomers to start with our Sunday C Groups, introductory rides or group skills sessions.

Please take a moment to look through our Group Riding Guide if you are new to club rides.

A rough guide* for speeds of our club rides:
    C groups are 12-13mph
    B groups are 14-16mph
    A groups 17-18mph
    *Speeds may vary with terrain and conditions

Saturday mornings
    Meet at 7am (fast) 8am (not quite as fast) outside the zoo entrance on the Outer Circle, Regent's Park for a 90-minute training session. Coffee afterwards. Note: if you are not used to riding in close formation, please attend one of our group riding skills workshops or introductory rides first.

Sunday mornings
    We meet at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for an 8.30am depart. We split into three groups, Group A, Group B and Group C. A is fastest, then B, then C.

Tuesday mornings
    Meet at 6am outside the zoo entrance on the Outer Circle, Regent's Park for a 60-minute training session.

Tuesday evenings
    (April-Oct)
    We meet at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for a 40-mile ride (6.30pm depart). We split into three groups, Group A, Group B and Group C. A is fastest, then B, then C.

Tuesday evenings
    (Oct-March)
    We run two special indoor training sessions at City Sport in Goswell Road at 6.15pm and 7.30pm. The static bikes have power meters and we do one-hour video programmes of virtual rides. Members can book these on the club shop. The cost is £3.

Wednesday evenings
    (Nov-March)
    Warm up from 6.30pm on the Inner Circle, Regent's Park, and pull at the college opposite York Bridge Gate at 6.45pm to organise groups for a chain gang session.

Wednesday evenings
    (all year)
    An evening ride of about 30 miles, meeting at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for a 6.30pm depart.

There is also a regular Thursday session at the VeloPark.

Thursday evenings
    (April-Oct)
    An evening ride of about 30 miles, meeting at Whittington Park, Holloway Road entrance, N19 4RS, for a 6.30pm depart.

Monthly Introduction to Club Cycling Rides
    These workshops will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to attend one of our regular clubs rides with ease!

There are also many ad hoc rides organised through this forum.

Many of us like to take part in races, sportives, TTs, charity rides and audaxs, too.

Membership is £25/year or for new members £50 gets you the year of membership plus a club jersey. You can join at http://www.islington.cc

Junior membership (for under 16s) is £10/year and includes a club jersey.

• Do I need to sign up for the Sunday C group or can I just turn up? This would be my first ever ride with you guys. I had read this was an alternative to the introductory sides as I am struggling to attend on a Saturday

• Hi @louis welcome to the club!

For your membership to be approved you'll need to complete an Intro ride or a Group Skills session. Group Skills sessions are in Regents Park, some of which are in the evenings mid week to make sure we can accommodate everyone. It looks like the next is on Thursday 14th.

About