Prev
/ 4
Last Next
  • Highbury Fields
  • 96.6666666667% Complete
    29/30
  • Going 29
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Hi there,

Ive confirmed a spot for the introduction cycling on 5th Feb but a bit concerned as only cover about 15kms at the moment and I feel the group rides much further. Do you think I should still come along or will I be out of my depth. I dont ride with cleats and have a basic racing bike but is good enough on roads. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks, Juliette

• Hi Juliette,

The Intro Ride is about 5okm and that's about the length of our shortest club rides. It might be good for you to try going out for longer rides on your own and sign up again when you feel comfortable riding this distance.

It sounds like your bike is fine and although most of our riders do wear cleats this isn't essential. Hope to see you on an Intro Ride soon.

• With Plan B coming to an end this week we will organising club rides in larger groups and are able to make more spaces available on this ride. Alternatively, you may wish to sign up for our next Group Skills rides on February 19.

@user139142 @Jonathan @user138841 @user127227 @MartinH @user139484 @WillJones @user136948 @AlexSzomboti @TaraAllen @DanielJones @PaulMills @Emmadavies +aldovinci92 +emmac @AdamDiamant @Charlotte99 @NicholasC @Alex-Saxon @ChristinaAllen @MartinH @Patrick_Carmody @EllenKerr

• Hi David - could I please take one of the new spaces for this ride? Thank you!

@DavidMason

• You'll need to register by clicking Yes I'm Attending at the top of the page.

• @DavidMason have done. Thank you, looking forward to it

• Hey all- keen to join on the 5th if a second group is created. Thanks,

• Thank you for this - has a second group been created?

• @RachelJoyce @TaraAllen - we won't be creating a second group. However, people often pull out so please keep an eye on this page to see if any space become available.

• @AdamDiamant @aldovinci92 @alexleggett @aubergene @ChrisAllison @ChristinaAllen @DanielJones @Emmadavies @Hector_Gardiner @Jonathan @JonnyMidgley @MartinH @NicholasC @OliDean @OliverGreenstein @OmarHGallego @Patrick_Carmody @PaulMills @PipDew @Ritesh @SebAndraos @Thomas_K @TylerH @user118581 @user127227 @user136147 @user137990 @user138841 @user139142 @WillJones

We hope you’re looking forward to the Intro Ride this Saturday and look forward to meeting you.

Unfortunately, sometimes people drop out without telling us. Please could you add your nmae to the email below with a quick message to reconfirm your place.

If you are no longer able to make it, please remove yourself by clicking "Can't Make It" at the top of this page, so others have a chance to take your place.

If you reserve a space but fail to attend we may limit you from attending in the future. If you do not reconfirm, we may have to send you away if we don’t have enough leaders.

Please remind yourself of the information at the top of this thread and read our Group Riding Guide before the ride so we can spend less time standing around during safety briefing and more time riding!

If you still have an @user usernames it would help if you could change to something more personal. This makes it much simpler for us to process new members after the rides.

The meeting place is close to the centre of Queens Walk which runs directly across the centre of Highbury Fields, see map at the top of this thread. Highbury Fields is close to Highbury Corner and Highbury & Islington Tube.

This is the route we will be doing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31883560

• Attendees please copy and add your name here:

I confirm I can attend the session on February 5
    etc

I can no longer attend but would like to you message me when you post the next Intro Ride
    etc

• I confirm I can attend the session on February 5

1. @AdamDiamant
  • Attendees please copy and add your name here:

I confirm I can attend the session on February 5

1. Omar Hammoud-Gallego. @OmarHGallego
      etc

I can no longer attend but would like to you message me when you post the next Intro Ride
    etc

1. @AdamDiamant
    2. @OmarHGallego
    3. @aubergene
    4. etc

etc

@AdamDiamant
    @OmarHGallego
    @aubergene
    @ChrisAllison
    etc

etc

1. @AdamDiamant
    2. @OmarHGallego
    3. @aubergene
    4. @PipDew

etc

1. @AdamDiamant
    2. @OmarHGallego
    3. @aubergene
    4. @PipDew
    5. @ChrisAllison
    6. @SebAndraos
    7. etc.

I can no longer attend but would like you to message me when you post the next Intro Ride
    etc

1.@AdamDiamant
    2.@OmarHGallego
    3.@aubergene
    4.@PipDew
    5.@ChrisAllison
    6.@SebAndraos
    7.@alexleggett

I can no longer attend but would like you to message me when you post the next Intro Ride
    etc

• I confirm I can attend the session on February 5. (If you remove the @ from your name you won't be emailed each time someone new adds their name).

1.AdamDiamant
    2.OmarHGallego
    3.aubergene
    4.PipDew
    5.ChrisAllison
    6.SebAndraos
    7.alexleggett

etc

• I confirm I can attend the session on February 5. (If you remove the @ from your name you won't be emailed each time someone new adds their name).

1.AdamDiamant
    2.OmarHGallego
    3.aubergene
    4.PipDew
    5.ChrisAllison
    6.SebAndraos
    7.alexleggett
    8.DanielJones

etc

1.AdamDiamant
    2.OmarHGallego
    3.aubergene
    4.PipDew
    5.ChrisAllison
    6.SebAndraos
    7.alexleggett
    8.DanielJones
    9.Thomas_K

etc

1.AdamDiamant
    2.OmarHGallego
    3.aubergene
    4.PipDew
    5.ChrisAllison
    6.SebAndraos
    7.alexleggett
    8.DanielJones
    9.Thomas_K
    10.wassimrakik

etc

• Very keen to attend this session if a position becomes available.
    Thanks,
    Mike

1.AdamDiamant
    2.OmarHGallego
    3.aubergene
    4.PipDew
    5.ChrisAllison
    6.SebAndraos
    7.alexleggett
    8.DanielJones
    9.Thomas_K
    10.wassimrakik
    11.WillJones

• @DavidMason hi , I have clicked can’t make it as I managed to get a spot on last weeks group skills ride and I’m now a member of the club. Hope someone can take my place. Just to confirm- I am no longer attending this ride.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

An Introduction to Club Cycling - 5 February 2022

Posted by Avatar for DavidMason @DavidMason

Actions