of 2
/ 2
Next
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 80.0% Complete
    24/30
  • Going 24
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers. Feel free to read our Group Riding Guide beforehand, but is not necessary as we will cover all this during the session: https://islington.cc/s/ICC-Group-Riding-­Guide-Updated-August-2020.pdf

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

HOW DO I JOIN IN?

If you wish to attend this session you need to sign up to the ride here on the Islington forum.

Register as a user on the forum (please help us by creating an actual name rather than the default username) then click the 'Yes I'm Attending' button above to confirm your attendance. If you see no places left, it is because the session is full. We do not maintain a waiting list so please keep checking back in case a place becomes available.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Please let me know if someone cannot make it, I will keep my eyes on it too.

Regards,
    Irene.

• freeing my spot as i managed to get a spot tomorrow evening.

• Thanks! I think you got mine for tomorrow:)

• @Irene.Galvan Seems like a fair deal for both of us then :-)
    Thanks

• Hi all, I have now set up a new Group Skills session on May 1st which has space if anyone is keen to come along earlier https://forum.islington.cc/events/5878

If you do sign up for the May 1st session, could you please open up your space on this ride for someone else.

• Hi Zac - when is the next group skills session after 15th May? Or is there room for one more on the 15th?! :)

• Hi! If someone can’t make this session please let me know - would really like to join. Thanks!

• Hi, would very much to join up, when will the next sessions be available to book which i guess will be July ???

• @user127963 @emilyscullion @SteveOS

I've just opened up another Group Skills session on 6 May (Thursday evening) https://forum.islington.cc/events/5910/

• Hi Zac - thanks. Sadly I can’t make that date but if there’s any other dates coming up I’d be interested

• Couple of spaces available on the May Intro Ride tomorrow if you are available! https://forum.islington.cc/events/5747/

• Hello! Trying for a good month or two to get the slot in either group skills or intro ride, let me know if you will have a slot available somewhere please :)

• Would love to join a Group Skills session soon, if something opens up!

• Hi guys, I recently moved to London and would love to join the club. I see this event is full but I'm happy to join of someone drops out? Thanks!

• Id also like to jump in if someone cancels. Thanks Shane

• 5 more spaces just added to this session!

• Hi all. Booked in for the 15th. Look forward to meeting you all then.

• Hi Zac,

I bought membership this week and understand you need to do a group skills session to attend rides.

Could you confirm whether there is room for to attend the 15 May session and how to book on?

Thanks very much,

Jonah

• Hi Jonah, your membership application won't be approved until we record your attendance at a Group Skills or Intro Ride.

Simply click the button "Yes, I'm attending!" at the top of this page to sign up. Then you'll be approve after the session on Saturday.

• Hi Zac,

That is great - thank you very much!

I look forward to joining the session on Sat.

Have a good rest of the week

• Jonah - Helpful if you change your username to something closer to your realname. You are a name not a number!

• Hi @AlexandraBox @Augustin @emilyscullion @Florin @FrancesG @GeoffP @Giacomo @GraemeS @Irene.Galvan @JamesCarn @JeffXu @Jonah @JoRose @Matvei @MikeWinn @Noah @OwenLewisAnderson @OwenW @RahulT90 @RickyM @Shaneo @SJDRCooke @TomD @TomStace @Vince_G @user118581 @user126252 @user127321 @user127404

I hope you are all looking forward to the Group Skills session tomorrow. This will be going ahead even if it's raining! As you arrive you will be split into groups of 6 and the entire session will be run within these groups. Please try and make it on time as it is essential for the safety briefing, but there is no need to come early.

If you are no longer able to make it can you please click "Can't make it" at the top of the page. As this will open up your spot and allow others to join. Demand for this ride is quite high and so if you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your attendance in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to welcoming you tomorrow.

• @user118581 @user126252 @user127321 @user127404
    Would you please be able to update you forum username to something a bit more recognisable. This will help greatly with managing attendance and membership processing. Thanks

• Looking forward to it Zac

Potential silly question, but will it be frowned upon if it is rainy and my bike doesn’t have mudguards?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 15 May 2021

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions