of 2
/ 2
Next
  • Inner Circle, Regent's Park
  • 100.0% Complete
    25/25
  • Going 25
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers. Feel free to read our Group Riding Guide beforehand, but is not necessary as we will cover all this during the session: https://islington.cc/s/ICC-Group-Riding-­Guide-Updated-August-2020.pdf

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to Club Cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

HOW DO I JOIN IN?

If you wish to attend this session you need to sign up to the ride here on the Islington forum.

Register as a user on the forum (please help us by creating an actual name rather than the default username) then click the 'Yes I'm Attending' button above to confirm your attendance. If you see no places left, it is because the session is full. We do not maintain a waiting list so please keep checking back in case a place becomes available.

Meet in the Regent's Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

Zac,
    Development Secretary

• Hi,

Looking forward to this. I am new to group/club cycling, but would potentially like to join the club so this seems like a great intro.

Jonny

• Look forward to having you along @JonnyHolliday

We are running 4 sessions for prospective members before this one, so feel free to join one of those ones instead if you would like.

• Looking at my work rota this is the first one I am free to attend, thanks

• Hi there,

Looking to join the club. Is this the first available intro or group skills ride I am able to attend?
    Looking forward to it.

Thanks

• Hi,

I did not have the opportunity to put in my actual name, so I'm not sure which user number I was assigned but I'm Rosie Nixon and I'm attending :)

Thanks!

• Looking forward to the intro ride

• Hi Rosie, if you click "Edit Profile" in the top right hand corner of the forum you should be able to edit your username and photo.

Looking forward to having you along.

• Woops already done the introductory ride so my spots now open!

• Hi have had to withdraw from tomorrow eve session as not comfortable getting home in city traffic at night. Please do let me know if a spot on the 19th daytime session opens up. Thanks, Lisa

• One spot currently open on tonight's session if you are quick to sign up here: https://forum.islington.cc/events/5447/

• Hi Zac, can I take laurences spot (see a few comments above) please? Thanks, gill

• Hi @Gillkingston it looks like that spot has already been taken as the attendee list is now full. But keep checking back as people will often drop out a day or two beforehand.

• Thanks @Zac, I’ll keep a close eye :)

• Hi, do you have any availability in one of those sections? Where can I see them? I have already joined the club in a couple of Sunday rides and I would like to become a member.

• Three more Group Skills sessions over the next month have just been posted: https://forum.islington.cc/microcosms/13­04/

• Keen to join this saturday if someone drops out...

• Hi @AgathaTomaszewska @TomCauvain1 @stephenm @HarveyWaller @Faith @Gigi @Razorchicken77 @user109541 @user117005 @RebeccaMagee @mattkos @BenH @user117192 @Lisa17 @user117231 @user117232 @userHUS @Naimah @bobonabike @AlexWalker @DanK @Alfio @DanaiM @LisaM @Alex27

I hope you are all excited for our Group Skills sessions on Saturday. Weather is looking pretty good too.

If you are no longer able to make this session, could you please remove yourself from the attendee list to allow for others to join, as this session is now fully booked and there are others waiting that would love a spot. (If you reserve a spot but fail to attend we reserve the right to limit your future attendance).

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

• @user109541
    @user117005
    @user117192
    @user117231
    @user117232

If you would be able to change your username to something a little more recognisable, it will help us greatly with managing attendance and membership processing. Thanks

• I'm in,thanks for let us know Zac

• Hi everyone,

I’ve unfortunately just found out I will be away with work this weekend. Looking forward to attending in the near future.

Very best,

Harvey

• Hi @Zac, could I take Harvey’s space please? Thanks, gill

• Thanks for letting me know and opening up your space Harvey. There is plenty of spots available on next week's session if you can make that instead.

• Hi @Gillkingston that spot has been snapped up already, but I'm sure there will be another one that will open up.

• @Gillkingston if you’re quick enough there is now a empty spot!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 19 September 2020

Posted by Avatar for Zac @Zac

Actions