• @SallyB , @seanW , @Wai , @ChrisTsen

Is it still the case that prospective members can join a few rides before actually joining - With the idea of then attending the intro ride or group skills to allow membership to be approved?

I can't remember if there was a protocol for riders to email someone ([email protected])? with the intent to ride as a guest?

And might we have a planned ride or two, suitable for newcomers, this Sunday?

• Hi Tim,

Because we need to be able to operate a track and trace system, we can't currently offer non members attendance on our standard Sunday club rides. Normally they could come along to 3 Sunday rides as a guest (no other weekday rides due to insurance reasons) but as they aren't able to sign up to rides on offer via the forum, we are unable to manage this. I am recommending that everyone join a group skills or Intro ride to get a feel for the club. Unfortunately these also rely on the kindness of the membership to volunteer so that we can clear the backlog of prospective members wanting to join or get a taste of what the club has to offer. The more volunteers we can get, the more rides we can put on.

We welcome any suggestions on how we can manage this, but at the moment I don't have the capacity to keep on top of the sheer volume of emails coming in, let alone setting up a system by which we can track and trace non members should there be a member on the ride who exhibits covid symptoms shortly afterwards.

About

Avatar for SallyB @SallyB started