You are reading a single comment by @SallyB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • How about a presentation that we go through and then a Q&A session. All using Zoom or similar. We can use the same threads as now for volunteers. We could stick to the 09:30 Saturday slot, so those of us doing the ICC laps on Zwift 08:00 - 09:00 can have a quick coffee then head on over to the virtual GRS, just like we do in real life.

• Ood idea but it's not really the same as learning skills out on the road and practising them until we get them right (like change 1, chain gang, paceline etc). We will just mandate that new members do the sessions once they're back up and running. Practical learning always lands better than classroom learning and the intention is that all of our members have a good grasp of the basics and are confident in using them to keep all do our members safe. I don't think that would be the case from an online lesson.

I've drawn up the wording, I just need to find a break in my day to start sending it out to those who've recently asked about/applied to join the club and also get it sent over to Zac to get on the website.

About

Avatar for SallyB @SallyB started