Group Skills - 6 June

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regents Park
  • 52.9411764706% Complete
    9/17
  • Going 9
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers.

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James
    Development Secretary

• Glad to see that 7 of you have signed up. Hopefully we will get some more as these sessions are often fully booked. The weather forecast looks a bit damp. In case you were wondering, the session will go ahead but do bring suitable clothing, especially as we will be standing around and talking a bit and cycling relatively slowly. Do cancel your attendance if you can't make it and please try and make your username something like your real name as that helps with admin if you decide to join. Any questions in advance, please ask.

• Hi, I'm interested in joining ICC.
    May I know if I need to buy the membership before joining this Group Skill ride or an Intro ride? Thanks.

• You can join this as one of your 3 "try before you buy/join" rides. You have to do this or the intro ride before you can be accepted as a member.

• Hi, it's easier if you do this ride before you put in your application as it means your membership will get approved as soon as you apply. You can submit an application beforehand but it won't get approved (and no money will be taken) until you've done either an intro ride or a group skills session.

As Stephen mentions, you can also join along with 3 club rides before becoming a member, to make sure it's the right fit for you. For insurance purposes these are limited to our Sunday rides only (the intro and group skills sessions are separate to these 3 rides and you can come along to as many as you'd like!).

If you have any other questions just ask here or feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks.

• Thanks! I'll join after I'm off from work. I think I shouldn't bring my rucksack with me?

• I think I shouldn't bring my rucksack with me?

Ideally, no. Though if it's unavoidable you should be able to cope fine with it.

• Unless it's a small camelbak or similar then much better to leave it at work and carry just roadside essentials and valuables.

• Not sure if I should ask here: if I want to join a guest ride on Sunday, do I need to register or just show up on that day? Thanks!

• I think you need to inform the membership secretary (+SallyB) for insurance purposes and make yourself known as a guest tomorrow.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 6 June

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions