ICC Women’s Annual Open Ride 2019!

Posted on
  • The Spoke
  • Going 12
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Islington Cycling Club's annual ladies' open ride is back - and you're invited!

Following the success of all our past Ladies’ Open Rides, we'll be setting off from the Spoke on Holloway Road for a day of riding, chatting and - most importantly - eating cake.

This non-competitive event is a celebration of women's cycling, and the perfect opportunity to warm up for a summer of cycling, as well as a chance to meet other women from ICC and elsewhere who are passionate about all things cycling. You'll also find out all the joys club cycling has to offer, so if you're making up your mind about whether to join a club, come along and see if it's for you!

You'll be able to choose a route of 65km (40 miles) or 85km (52 miles), and we'll regroup at the end for a yummy brunch at Look Mum No Hands!, Old Street.

The event is completely free, and is open to club members and non-club members alike - so tell your friends and let's make this a big one!

Use the link of the event on Eventbrite to share!
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/islington­-cycling-club-womens-open-ride-tickets-5­8507607830?ref=eios

We will be doing some fundraising on the day, so if you’d like to contribute, please bring some cash.

Bridging the Gap is a fantastic local charity that offers a free mentoring service to people who have been in trouble with the law, at the risk of offending, homeless or recovering from addiction. The charity is tiny and is run by volunteers, and so any funds raised make a huge difference to the amount of mentoring partnerships they are able to facilitate.

http://www.bridging-islington.org.uk

Taking part in the Half the Road ride? Why not consider individual sponsorship and set up your own page at http://www.totalgiving.co.uk/appeal/Isli­ngtonCyclingWomensRide

Whether you're taking part in the ride or not, you can still make a difference for this amazing charity by donating using the link above.

Our text donations are now set up so feel free to chip in!
    To donate £2 text Bridgegap2 to 70085
    To donate £3 text Bridgegap3 to 70085
    Texting BridgeGap to 70085 will donate £5
    These donations will be added to your phone bill (plus your standard charge for texts)

If you’d like to get involved this event and shape other fundraising ideas please contact @Maddy, @FionaGarland

Proposed Routes:
    85km
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12600956

65km Ride:
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12601153

Requirements:

• Confidence to complete a 65km (40 mile) route in a group at approx 20-22kph (12-13mph).
    • A roadworthy road bike in good condition (make sure your brakes and tyres are in good condition and pumped properly!).
    • Helmets are mandatory as per all our club rides.
    • You don’t need to bring any locks or backpacks. Be as light as possible!
    • Emergency essentials: 1-2 spare tubes, pump, multi-tool, tyre levers.
    • Stay hydrated and energised: Bring water and a couple of bars/bananas.
    • Bring cash in case card readers don’t work at the coffee/food stops and just in case of emergency.
      See you there!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email Anthi at [email protected]
    All current ICC members are kindly asked to volunteer as Ride leaders to support this ride. Ladies please get in touch for the organising huddle! :)

• Bumping this! Female Ride Leaders needed!
    Thanks!

• @Anthi - really sorry but I will not be in London that Sunday. Have a fun ride!

• Hey, just officially joined the club now after attending an intro session at the beginning of the month. Very keen for this event, looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

• Welcome on board Kata!! See you there!!

• Alert!
    10 more tickets now available on the Eventbrite page for non-members!

Also our text donations are now set up so feel free to chip in!
    To donate £2 text Bridgegap2 to 70085
    To donate £3 text Bridgegap3 to 70085
    Texting BridgeGap to 70085 will donate £5
    These donations will be added to your phone bill (plus your standard charge for texts).

As this ride can count as an Intro Ride to join ICC, there will be a brief on the day about how we ride as a group in ICC.
    Please take the time to read through this guide prior to the day, to ensure that we all ride in a safe manner and are able to communicate effectively.

• Hi guys,
    I have signed up to the ride via here and I went to group skills at the end of April. Did I need to get a ticket via eventbrite? I've just realised that maybe I did...
    Thanks!
    Emily

• Hey ladies!
    Just spoke with the Blue Boar Deli.
    They are happy for us to go, I assured them that not everyone (as in 50 people) will arrive at the same time and that the ETA will be between 11-1pm. They said that the Blue Boar takes last orders at 1:15, so be mindful for those leading groups to make sure everyone is informed and if some can’t make it there by that time, they can have a coffee/food stop somewhere else along the way. It shouldn’t be a problem, as it’s only a coffer & cake, rather than a proper food stop.
    I’ll be standby on WhatsApp on the day for any issues, so feel free to text me when out. I’ll be in London, both at the Spoke and LMNH to help coordinate.
    So sad I can’t ride my bike.. :(

• Hi @EmilyStewart,
    I don’t see your name on the Eventbrite list but if you’ve done the GS, your name should already be pre-authorised in case you decide to join ICC.
    I will collect all names on the day, so I’ll see you at the Spoke in Sunday!

• We need more volunteers to run this event.
    Can please all ICC ladies who can help out add their names on the list in this thread?
    Thanks, much appreciated!

• Hi
    Sorry cannot attend this event tomorrow , have an injury
    Thank you Dympna Donnelly

• Sorry to hear that Dympna! Hope you’re back on your bike soon!

• Thanks to everyone who came to the Open Ride today! I’m glad you all had such a great time!
    Thanks to all the volunteers, leaders and sweepers alike, to the ladies who took care of the charity campaign and everyone else who made this happen! Sharing some of the morning photos below!
    Also, whoever was here today and didn’t give their names/contact info to their leader, please get in touch with @SallyB, our membership manager, to provide these. We’ll need these to process your membership, should you wish to join the ICC family!

5 Attachments

• 07606798-546B-4305-AF6C-CB86104FD488.jpeg
    • FBD001DE-CB16-4964-8EDB-535132B4C986.jpeg
    • 0A7D776C-FEE8-4501-9B24-878CF960FA9B.jpeg
    • AF8A0450-B9E5-4076-BCE2-DCC6D0F92D25.jpeg
    • 8DF4FF95-0E58-4B63-967E-69437139094C.jpeg
  • Hello everyone!
    If you’ve taken photos during the open ride day, would you mind sharing here with us for our club’s archive?
    Many thanks!

• Planning to go to Spain. In next spring think to make gathering of bycicle riding fans in Barcelona.

For big group is possible to rent some of villas in Barcelona for sale realy chip if enought people are comming.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

ICC Women’s Annual Open Ride 2019!

Posted by Avatar for Anthi @Anthi

Actions