Group Skills - 20 September

Posted on
  • Inner Circle, Regents Park London
  • 52.9411764706% Complete
    9/17
  • Going 9
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

If you are a prospective club member, completing this course will allow you to join ICC

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the big gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

Alec James (Committee Member for training and socials)

• Hi - i’m looking to join Islington cycle club and would like to come along to a group skills ride if a spot is available on 20th September? Thanks, Rachael

• Hi Rachael,
    You've already added yourself to the list so just come along on Thursday 2oth @ 18:30. To make it easier to identify everyone, could you please change your username from 'user93164' by clicking on 'edit profile' top left corner. Look forward to seeing you on the Group Skills session, Mike

• Hi, Also looking to join the cycle club. I have joined clicking on the above, is that enough?Many thanks,Jaco.

• Hi Jaco, come along to the group skills session first to get an idea of what ICC is all about. If you still fancy joining us, you'll need to click on the 'Islington Cycling Club' tab above and 'Join the Club' link which will take you through to British Cycling.

• Will do Mike!

Thank you very much,
    Jacobo.

• Hi Mike,

I would like to attend on the 20th of September, i just need to check i can leave work on time.
    Can I confirm for now, and cancel nearer the time when I know my schedule?

Thanks
    Claire

• That's no problem Claire, just click on the 'Can't make it ' button above if you can no longer attend.

• I've been thwarted by a sprained ankle. Hope to see you next time!

• No worries Anna, rest up and hopefully see on one of the sessions soon.

• Sorry I can’t make it - fell of my bike and currently nursing an injured elbow. I’ll sign up for the October one instead.

Thanks,

Rachael

• Just seen a weather warning for wind this eve, is the session still on?

• Hi @Caro, yes its still on. Looks like it'll be a pleasant, if breezy evening.

@Tim(TLB) @vero and @Dani.Rioja will be leading the session!

• Hello all, I’m very sorry but I cannot make the ride this evening. Hope all goes well and will try and rebook very soon. Vish

• Hello sorry i cannot make it this eve!

Claire

• Hi I think I am at the meeting point is there any way to meet up with the group. Sorry I am late.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 20 September

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions