Group Skills - 12 April

Posted on
  • Regents Park
  • 64.7058823529% Complete
    11/17
  • Going 11
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hi there,

Do I have to have an islington CC membership prior to joining this ride?

In addition, if this gets rained out tomorrow, should we just rebook for another date in the future?

Thanks,

N

• Hi @NickHillier you don't need ICC membership to take part in this session (in fact this session ,or the Intro ride, is a required session to do before you can get membership).

It is unlikely that the session would be rained off, but if you can't make it tomorrow you can attend another session in the future.

• Hello Nick no you don't need ICC membership to attend.

And yes if it is cancelled for any reason (or you need to cancel) just let us know so we can release the place to someone on the waiting list.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

• Hi Nick, no you dont need membership prior to this ride, this will be for new joiners :)

• Hi @AlecJ.

Sorry if this is largely answered in the original post, I am interested in joining your cycling club but I missed the last introductory ride (last weekend it seems).

My background is I have done a decent amount of solo bike packing (mostly across Europe) or duo with friends, but never in a club or with large groups.

Would:

1. This session be suitable for me to participate in?
    2. This session be suitable if I am interested in joining the club?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi there, we tend to point more experienced people to do a Group Skills session rather than an Intro ride. However completion of either will allow you to join the club.

I'd go for a Group Skills class.

Cheers

• Hi, I am planning to come to this this evening as my first ‘joining’ session. Does it go the full two hours, or would’ve it be ok to leave at 19.30? I am going on the half the road ride on Saturday, would that work as a group skills session? Thanks, Jakki

• Hi Jakki,
    it very rarely takes more than an hour to run the group skills session but it does depend on how many people turn up and whether they turn up on time on time (therefore whether we get started on time!) as to what time we actually finish. The half the road rides at the weekend don't class as an official ICC intro ride so wouldn't be enough to get you membership, although this is something we could perhaps look into for next time.

See you later!

• Thanks very much Sally. I think it’s just too much of a squash for me to fit it in tonight! So I’ve cancelled and I’ve booked onto a Saturday one at end of April. See you soon - this Saturday if you’re around.
    Thanks very much, Jakki

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 12 April

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions