of 2
/ 2
Next
  • regents park
  • 76.4705882353% Complete
    13/17
  • Going 13
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• @AlecJ - please can you sign me up for this session? Is it still possible to come along to one of the Sunday rides beforehand?

• ...please ignore. I've worked out how this works now :)

• I'm definitely in. I've missed 3 now and desperate for the Jersey

• Looking forward to meeting you all and learning some new skills

• See you all there!

• Off the back of today's Italian Job I've signed up - looking forward to it!

• Me too...see you then!

• I see this event is full now -- possible to get on a waitlist?

• Is it really full? Waiting to complete the introductory session to become a fully fledged ICC member...

• Hi all! I will be one of the leaders of this GS session.
    May I please ask:
    a) those who appear as 'user1234' to change to their real names
    b) to confirm your attendance the latest 24 hours ahead of the session? If you can't make it, please let us know by clicking the 'I can't make it' button at the top of this thread, to release the space for those who are waiting to get a place.
    Many thanks and see you all on the 30th.
    The meeting point is at the south entrance of the gardens of the Inner Circle towards York Bridge.

• Unfortunately there is no waiting list at the moment, but you can keep an eye in case a place is released I'm afraid!

• There are still 4 places left on this Thursday's Group Skills session if you can make it.
    Group Skills - Thursday 21 June

• Hello, Just a friendly reminder to you all ( @Charles_Persello, @user90035, @Merritt, @user90493, @Adam.G, @Sophie_clark, @Mags, @Gareth.j, @Nancy, @Craig_Bee, @BWynne57, @Umesh, @user91065, @ToddE, James _ C_ (this one can't be @'ed as it just turns the C italic!), @AlexP and @AdamC ), to double check whether you can actually attend the session this Saturday.

You may have signed up weeks ago and now all of a sudden realised that you're going out on Friday night and would rather have a lie in than attend a session of cycling in circles on Saturday morning (or, you know, have any other reason that I am struggling to think of!) then please do give up your spot by clicking the 'Can't Make It' button at the top of the page. We have loads of people who really want to join the club and are waiting to come along to a session like this, so if you know you won't be there, let them have the chance to attend.

Also the few of you who still have a 'User12345' username, please can you change it to something a bit more memorable in your profile settings? It makes it a lot easier for us... and for you in the long run.

Thanks and hopefully see you all slathered in sun cream on Saturday morning.

• I can make it - looking forward to it!

Thanks

• Same. See you Saturday morning.

Charles

• I’ll be there

b

• Hi everyone, thanks for signing up to this session. We hope you are looking forward to it. As this event is now fully booked it would be great if you could let us know if your plans change and you can no longer make it. That way we can allow someone else to attend.

If you have any questions before Saturday just let us know. Cheers!

• ooops, ignore me, I'm just repeating sally's message above because i didn't refresh the page.

• Thanks for the reminder guys. I'm going to drop out of this one as I am out on Friday night, and I'm also planning to do the Sunday ride this weekend.

• Changed my ID and looking forward to Saturday. Cheers, Mat

• Hello! Sorry, I've realised I can't make the Saturday session - I will try and make another one soon!

• I'll be there

• Hi, very sorry i can't attend tomorrow so will take myself off the list.
    Gareth

• Hi, I would like to join. Experienced road cyclist but new to Islington.

• Patrick Goold
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 30 June

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions