Group Skills - 08 February

Posted on
  • regents park
  • 43.75% Complete
    7/16
  • Going 7
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

If you are new to the club and wish to become a member you will need to complete either a Group skills or an Introduction to club cycling training session. Please make yourself known to the ride leader so they can confirm your attendance to our membership manager.

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hi,

Is it OK for me to join you on this intro ride, with a view to joining afterwards?

Ryan

• Hi,
    I am new to the ICC and would like to join this Group Skills session.
    Please would confirm start time?

Thanks
    Paul G

• 6:30 pm.
    (when all else fails, read the instructions!)

• @ryanpne93 yes, you're most welcome. @PaulG you need to click on the 'yes, I'm attending ' button above to confirm and bag your place.

• got it, thanks Mike.

• We still have a few places left for this session tomorrow night. Sign up at the top ^^^^

• Its going to be chilly tonight so please wear warm clothes. We'll try to keep moving to stay warm but there will be some discussions where it will be very very easy to get cold.

• Mike, Aidan,
    A vote of thanks for taking us through the group skills session on such a chilly night!

• Your welcome Paul, hope you enjoyed it.

• Hi Mike,

I was at the group skills session last week and you mentioned some gravel rides.

I’d be keen to join if that’s alright

Ryan

• Hi Ryan,
    We have a gravel ride coming up this Saturday and we will be meeting @ Whittington Park (Holloway Rd entrance) for an 08:30 start. It's a 100km/1000m on/off road ride and from experience, the road sections will be at a fairly brisk B pace in order to get around it in 7hrs.
    Regards, Mike
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17282439

• Hi mike
    I thought it was this weekend you’d said. Unfortunately I can’t make this as I have tickets for a show at 1. I’ve registered for the intro ride in a couple of weeks though. Looking forward to it

• Hi Ryan,
    There is another gravel ride next weekend of a similar distance going out along the Thames to Gravesend.

• Would love to join. Same time and place?

• Yes, 08:30 Saturday 24th @ Whittington Park

• Still ok to tag along in this ride ? Where abouts in Whittington park ?

• Sure, it's the Holloway Rd entrance for around 8:20 to leave at 08:30. Not sure how many will turn up due the cold and possible icy conditions. There are 2x ferry crossings on the route, one free and one £4.

• @ryanpne93, We usually find somewhere for coffee and cake around the halfway mark but you'll still need to bring along the usual things for a 100km ride; a couple of water bottles, snacks, spare tube and puncture repair kit. Plus you should also be prepared for the worst case scenario, a major mechanical and a train journey home ; )

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 08 February

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions