You are reading a single comment by @Luke_C and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there, I'm an Islington resident and cycling enthusiast, long been looking for a regular group of cyclists to join for Saturday/Sunday morning rides. Would love to come and try out Islington CC this Saturday if that is OK.

I am a semi-regular cyclist around Regents Park, and have experience riding in groups/chains. I typically average c. 30km/h laps. Based on this I was planning to join your group at 7am (rather than 8am), is that OK? If you would prefer new starters to come at 8am then happy to do so as well.

Look forward to joining and figuring out what its all about.

Thanks
    Luke Chapman

• Hi Luke,

Welcome on board. All prospective members can have up to 3 trial rides before being asked to join. One of these can be our intro/group skills rides, which are a requirement to do prior to membership being approved.

You're welcome to try out with the 7am group. A caveat - this is the only group ride we run on which dropping is allowed. This means the session tends to be significantly faster than 30kph. The 8am still has some faster groups at a more chatting/social pace, and is no drop. Given this, the 8am is normally a better introduction to the club and its members.

I look forward to seeing you out there on the road.

Best,

Jonny

About

Avatar for Luke_C @Luke_C started