You are reading a single comment by @Shannonball and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey, I'm a 15 year old cyclist and I'm looking for a club to join after my exams this summer and so I have a few questions:

1. If I had parental permission in a slip would I be able to join on the rides without a parent?
    2. When I join for my first ride will I be automatically assigned to group C even though my average pace is around 25kph.
    3. As a soon to be 16 year old how do you guys provide for helping someone at my age develop?
    4. As a sub question to the previous one, do you guys help organise races and help children get to races and join them?
    5. Also how is cyclocross with you, do you provide for cx races and do you organise days where people can go and train for cx, like at ally pally?
      I thinks that is all for now and thanks!
  • Hey, I'm a 15 year old cyclist and I'm looking for a club to join after my exams this summer and so I have a few questions:

Thanks for getting in touch - I've answered your excellent questions below.

If I had parental permission in a slip would I be able to join on the rides without a parent?

Under 18s need to be accompanied by an adult. This need not be a parent/carer, but must be by agreement with them.

When I join for my first ride will I be automatically assigned to group C even though my average pace is around 25kph.

Yes. Your first ride is about getting to know people and our club, not a training ride. As such you will be riding within yourself for this initial outing. After that, join the most appropriate group.

As a soon to be 16 year old how do you guys provide for helping someone at my age develop?

Great question. We have just launched our youth programme and are focusing on 8-15 year olds. We do not have something specific for 16-17 year olds at present, but will delelop something as our programme grows. For now, 16-17s can join our all age rides as per above.

As a sub question to the previous one, do you guys help organise races and help children get to races and join them?

Our early aim is developing a team to compete in the road and time trial section of the London Youth Games in June. Then we will target other events with the guidance of our young riders' goals.

Also how is cyclocross with you, do you provide for cx races and do you organise days where people can go and train for cx, like at ally pally?

CX is a growing part of what we do. We don't stage any CX races. We do have members who race CX and train on CX bikes/routes.

I thinks that is all for now and thanks!

Youth Guide and Consent form below. Let me know if you need any more information.

Good luck with your exams!

David

2 Attachments

About

Avatar for Shannonball @Shannonball started