Group Skills - 12 November 2016

Posted on
  • Regents Park
    25.0% Complete
    4/16
  • Going 4
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

• Hi there! I've just joined - it's my first time joining a CC on the advice of cycling friends, and super excited. I've just missed the Introductory Ride yesterday, is this ride suitable to learn the ropes of group riding?

• Absolutely. This is the place!!

• Awesome! See you Saturday then. Thanks!

• Hi, I unfortunately can't come this Saturday but am hoping to come to the next introductory ride, when can we register for that?

• From the weather forecast it looks as if it's going to rain. Will I need mudguards to attend?

• Yes please. It's a good idea to fit mudguards for all winter club rides

• Respect to @naomi.m, Elaine and Rosanna for turning up today. @aidan, @ColinFisher and I were happy to do virtual GS in the cafe but these three wanted the real thing. Hope the session was useful. ThNks all. Time for a hot bath.

• Big it up for the boys volunteering their time in the cold rain to share their group riding skills and knowledge. I found it very useful and, yes, even fun. Great to meet more ICC'ers, too.
    Elaine

• Thanks guys! Incredibly useful. Looking forward to putting these new skills to use in the lanes! N

• You are all very welcome. I hope you enjoying riding with ICC as much as I have/do.

• Concur with Naomi! Thanks so much for the session and giving up your time on such a wet and cold day. Much appreciated! R

• Well done guys! What a day for it! Hopefully meet you guys soon. 😀

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 12 November 2016

Posted by Avatar for alexD @alexD

Actions