Group Skills - 15 October 2016

Posted on
  • Regents Park Inner Circle
  • 87.5% Complete
    21/24
  • Going 21
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up !

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

• Hi Alex thanks for putting this together, looking forward to it

• Golden. Everyone in the club could use a refresher on this every now and then and it really is recommended that new members make every effort to attend.

• If you've missed this month's Intro ride or want to brush up your (or somebody else's) skills then please make every effort to attend. Good group skills make for safer, more enjoyable rides.

Also if you want to help out with these rides more regularly then drop me a message!

• Ah a group skills session would be really helpful, during the intro ride I joined earlier this year we were not able to practice much group riding because of weather conditions.

I'm not able to make this one, but I hope there will be another one next month - in November?

• Hi Lottie. We'll run them every month so long as people sign up for them! Keep your eyes peeled for the November session which we'll advertise shortly after this one

• Great thanks Alex, I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

• Hi Alex,

i'm a new member and keen for this! I haven't ridden in a Group for over year so would welcome the refresher...

Phil

• Great Phil, happy to have you along.

Note that I won't be attending this session but will be leaving you in the capable hands of @RichardM and @RobV

• Bump!

• I'm away for this but happy to help out the November session.

• Hi, I am also new and keen for this - I have ridden a fair bit before, so would it be possible to join the laps of the park before and then come to this too? Cheers

• Hey. I'm sure plenty will do that - there should be plenty of time. Be sure to click "Yes, I'm attending" at the top!

• Enjoyed this today really good refresher. Thank you Richard and Rob for running it

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 15 October 2016

Posted by Avatar for alexD @alexD

Actions