Looking To Join

Posted on
  • Hi All,

Fresh off completing RideLondon 46 Mile I'm keen to join a club and take my cycling to the next level.
    Trying to join a club in London wasn't as simple as I thought it would be but your site is fantastic. Very clear and clearly up to date. Document on cycling in groups especially useful.

I'd love to join new members ride on Saturday although I see that it's full currently. Would it be possible to join Regents Park laps at 8AM instead?

Many Thanks
    Ciaran

• Hey Ciaran.

Congrats. 46 miles is a decent way.
    If you're comfy riding in a group 8am laps should do you fine. Be sure to ID yourself as new at the start and someone will point you in the right direction.

• Hi Alex,

That's great, thanks for quick response. Looking forward to Saturday :)

• Hello! Sorry to chip in on this... I am looking to join a club and I live locally - I did the 100 mile ride on Sunday in 5 hours 28 minutes.... what would be the best way for me to come and see you guys with a view to joining? Sorry if this info is already somewhere if it is, ignore me, all good. thank you. Stu

• If you are comfy riding in a group, take a look at: https://forum.islington.cc/conversationsĀ­/117/

Otherwise, come along to one of the intro rides. The next is imminent as is posted in this part of the forum.

• thanks a lot

• Hello Islington CC!
    Similar to Stuart, I am looking to join a club, live locally and completed the Prudential 100 on Sunday. I have been a keen and frequent road cyclist for just over a year now.
    May I confirm that this Saturday, 8am @ Regents Park is the soonest introductory session? Are there any other ways/ rides to become acquainted with the group?
    Additionally, I would love to know if ICC has a female, aged 20-23 cohort?
    Thank you!

• Hi @user66685 - the next introductory session is indeed on Saturday, the link is here:
    https://forum.islington.cc/events/1967/

Unfortunately the ride is full at the moment, however, we do tend to have people dropping out before the ride so keep looking at the event on the forum and try to grab a place if/when one comes available. If you can't get a place this time then either wait for the next one (probably on 3 September) or alternatively please come along to Regents Park laps (Saturday 8am outside London Zoo) or try a Sunday C-ride (8:30am in Whittington Park/Holloway Road entrance).

• Can confirm there are females 20-23, but there are not that many in our bracket I think! Everyone is super friendly though :)

• Hey Harriet!
    Well done on Ride London! We're getting the women's contingent more and more involved so there's plenty of people to ride with- we actually have our own part of the forum now too!
    I'm one of the women's reps (the other is @SarahH who's in charge of racing) so if you have any questions fire hem my way!
    Having a ladies social on 6th September if you do join and want to join us.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Ceci :)

• Great, thanks Alex and Jing!

Thank you for such a warm welcome @Ceci! I would really love to become part of your cycling community. I was so happy to be amidst the throng of cyclists on Sunday - I felt at home! Are the ladies running any kind of cycle rides this Saturday that I could join in?

• So the women are planning a 7am Regent's Park fast training laps meeting at the zoo on Saturday, or if not then slightly more sociable time and pace at 8am where there will be several groups of different pace! I'm sure there will be a few girls hanging around for the 8am laps followed by coffee so defs turn up and let them know you're new to teach you the hand signals etc- then you can choose which group to go with! Alternatively as Alex said the intro ride usually gets drop outs and there should be two girls helping with that :)
    Let us know how you get on!
    Ceci :)

• I like my early mornings so if I can I will make it for 7am this Sat! Is it OK to just turn up there then? Do you know who I need to introduce myself to specifically?

• Sounds good! Look for Jennifer with long bright red hair! If you just turn up and introduce yourself that should be fine :)
    The idea of their ride just to warn you is to push the pace- if you drop off its no problem- just keep going round then meet up again at the zoo at 8am if there's still gas in the tank- if not coffee! :)
    If you join up to the club let me know and I'll add you to the ladies whatsapp.
    :)

• I'll try my best on my (lovely but rather clunky as road bikes go) Boardman..!!

Thank you very much for all of this and I'll let you know RE. joining. Have a good evening Ceci

• Hi,
    Where can I sign up for the next introductory group ride at Regents Park?
    Thanks
    Stephanie

• Hey @Stephanie!
    Look further up this thread and you should get your answer.
    The next intro ride is this Saturday https://forum.islington.cc/events/1967/ but I think it's full- keep an eye on the page as usually someone drops out and you can press 'yes I'm attending' at the top.
    If not you can attend the ride in Regent's Park meeting 8am at the zoo- just tell someone you're new and they can help you pick the right paced group to ride with. Following laps it's coffee at the cafe in the inner circle!
    Let me know if you have any more questions- I'm women's rep if you need any help!
    Ceci x

• Hi All,

Thanks for warm welcome I received from everyone I met this weekend. Did two club rides and loved it :)
    I've applied for membership online, let me know if theres anything more I need to do?
    Hope to join again next weekend

Ciaran

• That's it! Welcome to the club :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Looking To Join