Just joined - hello all!

Posted on
  • After a fast Tuesday B ride and a couple of Sunday C rides, I have just officially joined!

Great welcoming people on all rides so far so congrats for being such a lovely bunch.

Interested in joining and eventually leading C and B rides when I have more experience. (I did end up leading a C ride today though as I had the only route!)

If I'm not on my bike, I'm either at work or campaigning for better conditions for cycling in London, and am a member of Cycle Islington (Formerly Islington Cyclist Action Group)

James :)

1 Attachment

• James.JPG
  • we've just joined too!
    Many thanks for leading the ride, James, and for being so supportive
    we had a great time but the distance was a bit too much for Layla, as nice as you guys were I think that she regretted that there weren't more women on the ride... just wondering if there's a ladies ride going out? Tempo was fine but distance 40-50 miles or so about her limit.
    thanks again and see you soon, this time with the southern ICC tops on!

mark and layla

• Hi James, Mark and Layla, welcome to the club! Thanks for stepping up to lead a ride today @James-C, how did it go? We always need people to volunteer to lead, we seemed to be a bit lacking in options for C rides this morning.

• Hey Layla!
    Welcome! I'm +Ceci one of the ladies reps. We are hoping to run quarterly ladies rides (dates to be arranged) although today was the rapha ladies 100km so was a bit of an exception. If you send me your number via private message I can add you to the ladies whatsapp thread and might help arrange a few steadier rides-there are also ladies threads on the forum you can follow to see what's going on. We're having a ladies social on the 26th July on Highbury fields for a BBQ so come meet some girls to ride with!
    Hope you see you there :)

Ceci

• Hi Mark, Layla and Daniel!

Apologies for the ambiguity on the distance at the beginning of the ride, the route I had included a leg to my house so I was slightly guessing at the total, as well as the conversion from miles to km. It was a pleasure to ride with you both.

I think it went well for the most part. It was challenging keeping the group together due to slightly different paces, and the group size of 11 was a bit high possibly for a novice lead. But we managed it and I think people enjoyed the ride!

I'd love to pick up more guidance on group leading from an experienced leader, but I'm sure these opportunities will present themselves. I'll be coming out at least on Tuesday evenings and Sundays for C and B rides.

James

• Hi Ceci

Thanks for your message. I am not familiar with this forum , how do i send a private message , so that I can let you have my mobile number.

Moderate rides will be better . Sunday was not a pleasant experience for me, on the way back, was painful, far too long for me, especially since I've only really been riding since May of this year! There were discussions about miles/ km before we set off and it wasn't clear , that it was over 50 miles, for a first ride , like I said , off putting. I was happy to receive your email, up to that point, I was seriously considering not cycling again! Thanks Layla

• Hi James,

Thanks for stepping up to lead the ride on Sunday.

Re: incident on Tuesday - @Oli.Hall is battered and bruised but ok.

Regards, Mike

• Had such a nice time on yesterday's B ride, despite not realising I was showing up for the hill ride! Thank you for dragging me along. Does anyone have a map of our ride? I would love to see where we were...still new to London...Thank you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Just joined - hello all!

Posted by Avatar for James-C @James-C

Actions