• Hello everyone, I'm on the cusp of joining ICC as soon as I've picked up my new road bike. I want to be sure that whatever I get is suitable for the rides that the club does (and things like the Chalfont ride in June etc). I was hoping I might get some advice/thoughts from the more experienced bike owners please! I want to use it to commute (over Crouch Hill and Ally Pally/Muswell Hill) but also for much longer cycles. I'm 5"8 with long legs so I'm not sure I 'need' a woman's bike, but this will be the first bike I choose for myself (I do all my cycling on a friend's old Trek hybrid currently, so anything will be an improvement) so really I've no idea what I'm talking about!

The bikes I've been looking at are:
    Specialized Dolce Evo 2016
    Trek Lexa SL
    Cannondale Synapse Tiagra Disc
    Specialized Allez
    Trek Emonda ALR4 or 5

I believe they're in order of comfy/heavy/slower -> less comfy/light/fast
    My budget is roughly around £1000 but I fell in love with the Dolce Evo hence considering that!! I just feel overwhelmed by choice and brakes and gears and what I really need to keep up with a cycle club but stay comfy all day!

If anyone has any wisdom I'd love to hear it... and I hope to meet many of you out soon on some rides :)
    Thanks!

About

Avatar for Jennifer @Jennifer started